Hacking Need to update from 4.2 to 4.3, with hacked wii?

blademaster_62

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now, I have a hacked Wii, with system menu 4.2. I need to update my system software so I can play the new Zelda game.
Problem is, my system is hacked. -_-
I can use Letterbomb, when I update to 4.3, I know that, but what I need to know, is how do I update the safest way possible? What should I do? Should I format my Wii system memory, or what?
Please help me. :|

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Right now, I have a hacked Wii, with system menu 4.2. I need to update my system software so I can play the new Zelda game.
Problem is, my system is hacked. -_-
I can use Letterbomb, when I update to 4.3, I know that, but what I need to know, is how do I update the safest way possible? What should I do? Should I format my Wii system memory, or what?
Please help me. :|
You don't need to update your system menu. I'm Playing Skyward Sword on 4.1 System menu. Just use modmii to rehack your wii. It will download the newest cIOS and loaders for you to play skyward sword. There's a link to Modmii in my signature.

blademaster_62

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's kind of weird, but I kind of just WANT to update to 4.3. It doesn't do anything, but I just want it done. Why? No clue.
Any options for me?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
It's kind of weird, but I kind of just WANT to update to 4.3. It doesn't do anything, but I just want it done. Why? No clue.
Any options for me?
It does do something, it limits what you can run on your Wii. If you want to screw yourself over for the sake of the latest System Menu, it's your choice.

nunavat2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any options for me?
I just saw this thread!
It is easy.
1) Check whether you are running HBC using IOS 58 (it should show on the top right corner when you go into HBC)
a) If not update IOS 58 (wiibrew has the link) then use hackmii installer again so that HBC will use IOS 58
2) Goto preloader (or priiloader) unblock network update (if you set it like that)
3) Then do a system update through Wii setting (official one)
4) It will be downloaded and will be updated to 4.3 and you will still have HBC

Caution: I did this with three wii's it did not get bricked, but some claims there is a bricking possibility.

nunavat2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any options for me?
It does do something, it limits what you can run on your Wii. If you want to screw yourself over for the sake of the latest System Menu, it's your choice.
Like what example please? Assuming, if his wii was 4.2 when he bought it or he updated it to 4.2 before hacking.

nunavat2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No region free for modchips, no bannerbomb 1, no bannerbomb 2, bricks region changed Korean Wii's, no DVDX (useless to most people though), and so on.
I don't see any of them as important and I personally like not having to use custom CIOS, other than the 3-4 necessary ones to run backups, updating shopping channel etc to keep

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
No region free for modchips, no bannerbomb 1, no bannerbomb 2, bricks region changed Korean Wii's, no DVDX (useless to most people though), and so on.
I don't see any of them as important and I personally like not having to use custom CIOS, other than the 3-4 necessary ones to run backups, updating shopping channel etc to keep

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

nunavat2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update your Wii!
Who would you believe?
The people who created home brew or people who are trying to scare you?

The OP wanted to update, so my answer stands. Instead of listening to people here spend some time reading wiibrew!

lukands

I took the little bus here
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Kind or related, I also have a 4.2 and 4.1?. Does something like ModMii update everything to 4.3 standards so I can play online with the consoles that are still on 4.2 and/or older.

nunavat2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're also a bit uninformed about wiis. And probably about the importance of "the firmware" of the wii as well (this isn't a PSP). Those "really older wiis" can be hacked in exactly the same way as the newer ones. It's not like there is much difference in them.
really older wii= wii's that can install bootmii as boot2 and the wii's that can play DVD-Rs.

I know, you can hack older wiis just like new. My point is if your wii is newer, less likely you get your wii bricked. My aim: If somebody ask for help in updating I will tell them how to do.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Update your Wii!
Who would you believe?
The people who created home brew or people who are trying to scare you?

The OP wanted to update, so my answer stands. Instead of listening to people here spend some time reading wiibrew!
That causes quite a bit of conflict, considering I've made a few apps myself. Besides, wiibrew is mostly crap. They think that the only thing that matters is the HBC. :P
Kind or related, I also have a 4.2 and 4.1?. Does something like ModMii update everything to 4.3 standards so I can play online with the consoles that are still on 4.2 and/or older.
Yes, it will work fine.
You're also a bit uninformed about wiis. And probably about the importance of "the firmware" of the wii as well (this isn't a PSP). Those "really older wiis" can be hacked in exactly the same way as the newer ones. It's not like there is much difference in them.
really older wii= wii's that can install bootmii as boot2 and the wii's that can play DVD-Rs.

I know, you can hack older wiis just like new. My point is if your wii is newer, less likely you get your wii bricked. My aim: If somebody ask for help in updating I will tell them how to do.
Lol, what are you talking about? You are more likely to (permanently) brick it if you have a newer Wii.

lukands

I took the little bus here
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
So the OP wanted to now just how to update to 4.3.......and me too!.
So is it just as easy as taking the update from the console menu OR does one need to "erase" anything etc..before a system update?

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hear this update/don't update debate every time I go on these forums... either update or don't. Your choice. Updating through the system menu will update your IOSes and your system menu version. Using modmii will update your [c]IOSes and not your system menu version. People say there's a risk of bricking when updating through the SM, however I've had no troubles.

If you wish to update, make sure no priiloader hacks will prevent updating, and do it through the system menu settings. Easy as that. I don't know why people have to argue over it.
If you don't wish to update, then don't - use modmii or something like that.

@lukands, no you don't have to erase anything...just update like the "system update" button clearly says.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
So the OP wanted to now just how to update to 4.3.......and me too!.
So is it just as easy as taking the update from the console menu OR does one need to "erase" anything etc..before a system update?
If you want to do it (even though you will gain absolutely nothing from it, except the slight chance of a brick), you should do it via ModMii. since it will be safer. Do it as a re-hacking process so everything is installed correctly.

@Shano56: The SM doesn't update your cIOS's, it stubs them so you can't use them anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.