Status
Not open for further replies.
Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
You mean every time I decide to test? Or is it a one-time thing? Not very tech-savvy here, sorry :P
I found:
  • On a fresh boot of the Wii U, OurLoader would just drop to Mii Maker, no matter what I had in the disc drive.
  • If I opened the game in the drive, quit it, and then used OurLoader, it worked a treat.
You know how you can "safely remove" USB drives? The mounting situation I mentioned above is like the discs start "safely removed" by default, and the Wii U un-removes (aka mounts) them when you start the game. You can't use a USB that's been safely removed, and you can't use a disc that hasn't been mounted.
I may try and figure out how exactly the Wii U mounts its stuff to see if it can be added to OurLoader, but don't hold your breath. Anyway, you'll need to convince the Wii U to mount the disc for you.

TL;DR: You'll probably need to do it each time you insert a new disc or restart the console.

Pixelated0624

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found:
  • On a fresh boot of the Wii U, OurLoader would just drop to Mii Maker, no matter what I had in the disc drive.
  • If I opened the game in the drive, quit it, and then used OurLoader, it worked a treat.
You know how you can "safely remove" USB drives? The mounting situation I mentioned above is like the discs start "safely removed" by default, and the Wii U un-removes (aka mounts) them when you start the game. You can't use a USB that's been safely removed, and you can't use a disc that hasn't been mounted.
I may try and figure out how exactly the Wii U mounts its stuff to see if it can be added to OurLoader, but don't hold your breath. Anyway, you'll need to convince the Wii U to mount the disc for you.

TL;DR: You'll probably need to do it each time you insert a new disc or restart the console.

Right, thank you for your help, works like a charm!
Now to load Japanese games on there... heh

EDIT: waiting for new ourloader versions :]

Last edited by Pixelated0624,

titaniuml

Trophies
XP
Country
Finally my 2 PAL games arrived today and tested both on my NTSC-U Wii U and both worked!

Nintendoland (PAL) - working.
Batman Arkham City Armoured Edition (PAL) - working.

This was tested on version 0.2 though. Will still need to test 1.0.

These also worked without having to insert an in-region game before it. I just started the Wii U, inserted Nintendoland/Batman, clicked on internet browser for exploit, then ourloader and bam! Working :)

A big thank you to the people involved. This has finally made my day! I wish it came much earlier though, wouldn't have bought all these digital games :P

Last edited by titaniuml,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Right, thank you for your help, works like a charm!
Now to load Japanese games on there... heh

EDIT: waiting for new ourloader versions :]
New versions are coming soon :)
I found:

Thanks !
Finally my 2 PAL games arrived today and tested both on my NTSC-U Wii U and both worked!

Nintendoland (PAL) - working.
Batman Arkham City Armoured Edition (PAL) - working.

This was tested on version 0.2 though. Will still need to test 1.0.

These also worked without having to insert an in-region game before it. I just started the Wii U, inserted Nintendoland/Batman, clicked on internet browser for exploit, then ourloader and bam! Working :)

A big thank you to the people involved. This has finally made my day! I wish it came much earlier though, wouldn't have bought all these digital games :P
You're welcome , can you please test with 1.0 PreRelease

Pixelated0624

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Taiko disc is very soon to being arrived. I will test the game on 1.0 pre-release and 0.2 (if the former fails).
I will let you guys know what the results are in just a day or two. Cheers!

Prmtymethegamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after having troubles with the initial modding (which turned out to be the site i was using that was hosting) I managed to test it and behold the beauty...
oQAzSmE.jpg
20161001_025343.jpg

Last edited by Prmtymethegamer,

NexoCube

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't want to be rude with anyone here, but how nobody have founded that these 3 line of code will permit us to play out-of-region game before xD

And maybe @Coc4tm you should investigate more on it and why not add some kernel patching to make it more stable ?

D

Deleted User

OP
I don't want to be rude with anyone here, but how nobody have founded that these 3 line of code will permit us to play out-of-region game before xD
And maybe @Coc4tm you should investigate more on it and why not add some kernel patching to make it more stable ?
1- Because there isalmost no Wii U dev alive anymore ^_^
2- What do you mean by kernel patching ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night