OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pspfanboy.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been thinking about getting a PSP ever since 30mins ago, and i was wondering if i really should get one. I like the games, and features, and stuff but i am turned off by all the stuff involved to get and play games. From what i hear doing the FW hack is easy but it can get bricked easily in so many ways. I also haven't seen a free, up to date PSP game site at all, nor am i asking but i want to know if either my googling skills are crippled or there just aren't any game archives like with the DS where i can join up and download all i want for free. Sorry if i compare it with the DS too much but it's all i have to compare it with, and i don't want to get it if i can't get my game fix.
unsure.gif

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been thinking about getting a PSP ever since 30mins ago, and i was wondering if i really should get one. I like the games, and features, and stuff but i am turned off by all the stuff involved to get and play games. From what i hear doing the FW hack is easy but it can get bricked easily in so many ways. I also haven't seen a free, up to date PSP game site at all, nor am i asking but i want to know if either my googling skills are crippled or there just aren't any game archives like with the DS where i can join up and download all i want for free. Sorry if i compare it with the DS too much but it's all i have to compare it with, and i don't want to get it if i can't get my game fix.Â
unsure.gif
I don't know much about the PSP scene but I do know that the ISOs are much less organized than the NDS ROMs. The PSP ISOs have no numbers and no site I have found has the full collection. Often the ISOs are pre-trimmed but trimming on a PSP ISO usually means the sound and movies have been taken out of the game to make it smaller...

- Sam

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i have played my cousin's PSP and i love it ! what sucks is the loading times but if you have a hacked psp and play iso's of memory cards then your fine !

also can you say Metal gear solid portable ops ?

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You will need to figure out how to downgrade your PSP. If you updated it to the newest official 3.40 firmware then you're out of luck. If your PSP is not a TA-082 motherboard, for 2.71 or below it okay to downgrade directly. For 2.71 for TA-082 (you can find this by opening the UMD door and look in, it'll be labeled there) motherboard you'll need a patch I think. For 3.03, you need GTA:LCS unpatched original version to downgrade.

It only bricks if you don't know what you're doing. Say if you don't patch say the TA-082 motherboard before downgrading, it'll brick.

shaffaaf27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if you follow the instructions carefully, and keep ur psp on the charger, you have as much bricking chance as updateing normally with somy FW.

PS search psp-iso (google)

they have a record of all psp isos for you to downlaod

or torrent them...

once you CFW your psp, its eaier thana DS caus all you have to do is pay for a Memeory Stick, not a flash card and a memory stick, and a passme (optional)

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The only way you will brick a PSP is by not following the correct instructions when downgrading or upgrading firmwares, it really isn't difficult at all.

Running backup ISO's is easy as pie, just grab a decent sized memory stick run custom firmware on your PSP and play away.

Don't listen to all the fanboys on here that will tell you 'all teh PSP games are teh suk', there are plenty of good games on the system to enjoy.

Also the homebrew options for the PSP are awesome, emulators are available for tonnes of systems. Also you can watch movies, read books etc..

I love my PSP, I take it on every trip I make.

KMC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pspfanboy.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i think i'll grab a carrying case off Amazon for $10, and i heard a 4GB Pro Duo is going for $50 so i'll be sure to pick one of those up. I'll be on the lookout for a screen protector also. ANyone know any good PSP communities too? This place is awesome but it's mostly around the DS, and barely any posts in the PSP section...
unsure.gif

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know much about the PSP scene but I do know that the ISOs are much less organized than the NDS ROMs. The PSP ISOs have no numbers and no site I have found has the full collection. Often the ISOs are pre-trimmed but trimming on a PSP ISO usually means the sound and movies have been taken out of the game to make it smaller...

- Sam
http://www.ludibria.com/index.php?sys=psp
Also, you can just compress an iso file to cso (shaves off a few hundred megabytes for me). I use this: http://www.winnydows.com/isocompressor.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)