Hacking need some help,very confused

seru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I am very interested in purchasing the stuff i need to play nds roms

about a year or so ago I bought a flashcart for my gba (it was worth every penny too), now that the gba emulation scene has slowed down im interested in getting the same thing for the nds

I read through alot of topics here aswell as various other sites and im still confused on exactly what i need to play nds roms.

First i have the very first version of the nintendo ds (not the newer ds lite), i bought mine at launch

I did some research on what works best and what is the easiest to use and it seems people said the M3 (price isnt really an issue)

http://www.kicktrading.ca/product_info.php...&products_id=86

i looked at that site and it seems that it has everything i need to play nds roms on the non-lite nintendo ds, is this correct? if not can sombody please link me to a site that has exactly what i need

also the main thing i am confused about, apparently you also need a mini sd memory card. is that the exact same thing you use with the psp?

if thats the case i have a SanDisk Memory Stick Pro Duo 1gb, is this compatible with the M3 stuff? or would i have to buy something different and if so can somebody please link me to what i need

if you guys could answer my questions and help me out here id really appreciate it
yaynds.gif

Heinrisch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think the PSP uses a bigger memory stick than a miniSD. If you need a miniSD, either google it or go to newegg and search for... yea you guessed it: miniSD

Yes, everything but the miniSD is included..

seru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
alrighty, for the minisd is there any benifit of getting a 2gb one over a 1gb?

thanks for the help btw

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
QUOTE said:
is there any benifit of getting a 2gb one over a 1gb?

Not really, the 2GB costs more than twice the price of a 1GB card. If you have to have 2 GB I reccomend having two 1GB cards, because it's a) cheaper, and b) if one of them dies, you still have one left.

Anyway, 1GB is enough for games. If you want mp3's and movies, you might want 2 GB.

But you can run games and homebrew from your old GBA flashcard (you would still need a Passme device). How much memory does it have anyway?

seru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
is there any benifit of getting a 2gb one over a 1gb?

Not really, the 2GB costs more than twice the price of a 1GB card. If you have to have 2 GB I reccomend having two 1GB cards, because it's a) cheaper, and b) if one of them dies, you still have one left.

Anyway, 1GB is enough for games. If you want mp3's and movies, you might want 2 GB.

But you can run games and homebrew from your old GBA flashcard (you would still need a Passme device). How much memory does it have anyway?

ah i see i see, i guess ill just get a 1gb card then

wasnt sure if nds roms were big enough to warrant a 2gb card

and my old gba flashcart is a ez flash2 ps 256, probably not big enough for nds games

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The biggest NDS ROM is 128MB (I think). Most are 64 and 32 MB. You wouldn't be able to put many ROMs on it, but you could still use your old flashcard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s