Need some help updating 3.55 kmeaw

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by nasune, Jan 6, 2013.

Jan 6, 2013

nasune New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    I'm trying to update my 3.55 kmeaw to the new rogero v2 cfw using this guide (guide in the spoiler). Everything went well, until I got to the last step(the actual installation of the new cfw). At that point all I'm getting is a data damaged 8002F157 error, and it refuses to update.
    So I did some digging around, and found that most people said to install the 3.55 OFW before updating to Rogero v2. So now I want to be sure that this is the correct course of action before doing so (especially because the recovery mode says to only use updates higher than 4.11).

And, while I'm at it, I'm confused by step 5 (dehashing), is that really all there is to that step or am I missing something.
    WARNING! Spoilers inside!
    Last edited by nasune, Jan 6, 2013
    • Newcomer

fibban New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I did the upgrade the other day to 4.30 2.03 using Rogero instructions on tortuga-cove with no issue. You shouldn't have to dehash, especially if you haven't downgraded from 4.11 or 4.21.

I took me a couple of tries to toggle QA successfully, and I did read that there was an issue with the ftp at psx-scene for latest version. Follow the instructions to verify the MD5 is correct, I'm using winmd5.exe.

I did not try the upgrade until I verified the qa-toggle was successful, but I am niot sure it would really matter, more likely bad download.

nasune New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    No I did downgrade the ps3 (from 4.11 I think), and I get why it has to be dehashed. I'm just not sure if the step thats outlined in the guide is all I have to do (toggle it and nothing else). And I verified the download using the MD5, so I'm pretty sure the download itself is fine (I got it twice, from two different sites as wel, just to be sure).
    • Newcomer

fibban New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Most dehashing guides seems to referring to be needed if you are using a Rogero 3.55 CFW to have the syscon hashes reset. Kmeaw has them reset already as far as I understand. Please see guide below, which says to instal kmeaw or OFW after qa_toggle. Interesting is says it should be done through recover menu, I do not know if you installed kmeaw through recoery or XMB.

http://www.tortuga-cove.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=3638

As I never experienced any issues going from KMeaw, I am not sure I can be of much help then but it could be worth going OFW after the qa_toggle in your case.

overlord00 New Member

Message Count:
    Australia
    From what I understand, it IS needed if you have previously downgraded your console.
    It resets information on the system somewhere, so without it it may cause a brick.

SPONSORED LINKS