Hacking Need some advice setting up 9.0 N3DS

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the offer, but I won't get down to it until beginning / middle of next week. Just wanted to collect all the information, next step is collect all the tuts and files necessary.

Karuta

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the offer, but I won't get down to it until beginning / middle of next week. Just wanted to collect all the information, next step is collect all the tuts and files necessary.
Ah, ok. I wouldn't start collecting files until you're actually doing it because stuff can get updated pretty quickly, especially if you're getting rxTools from lavanoid

BeefBaby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help too. Hello I know your a knowledgeable gentlemen. On my thread I needed help installing emunand. However now that I have rxtools and all that good jazz installed I have no way of installing cia's. I have attempted to install fbi to sysnand to get it on emunand no luck. I have tried injecting it into H&S no luck. I have tried everything and have no idea. I was wondering if someone great like you could help me out. Thanks. :D

Karuta

Trophies
XP
Country
I need help too. Hello I know your a knowledgeable gentlemen. On my thread I needed help installing emunand. However now that I have rxtools and all that good jazz installed I have no way of installing cia's. I have attempted to install fbi to sysnand to get it on emunand no luck. I have tried injecting it into H&S no luck. I have tried everything and have no idea. I was wondering if someone great like you could help me out. Thanks. :D

Are your NANDs linked? If not, I think the only way of getting it on emuNAND is through loading the .3ds file with gateway.

I usually just do this:
1 - Format emuNAND
2 - In sysNAND, use PastaCFW to install FBI CIA
3 - Unlink NANDs by formatting sysNAND.

When your NANDS are linked, they both use the same files, so if you install something in one NAND it installs to both.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pretty sure that doesn't solve my question of whether to link or unlink nands.

Which version of rxtools is recommended? Just use latest nightly? Or are there bugs / issues on n3ds that would maybe make me use a stable version?

Also in that tut it says to use a ninjhax version of FBI which is not provided in the thread the link points to, I don't see the difference

Last edited by wurstpistole,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Does it have to be Pasta or could I also take rxTools? I really don't know which one is the best choice, more compatible, better maintained etc.
You could use rxTools, as long as you hold L to enter the menu and go to advanced->Pasta Mode (or Dev Mode if you are using an older nightly), which is practically the same thing as PastaCFW.
Are your NANDs linked? If not, I think the only way of getting it on emuNAND is through loading the .3ds file with gateway.

I usually just do this:
1 - Format emuNAND
2 - In sysNAND, use PastaCFW to install FBI CIA
3 - Unlink NANDs by formatting sysNAND.

When your NANDS are linked, they both use the same files, so if you install something in one NAND it installs to both.
The ticket will still be missing and FBI will not show up in emuNAND so he will have to format emuNAND from the GW menu after installing the FBI CIA to get it to show up in both.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Karuta

Trophies
XP
Country
You could use rxTools, as long as you hold L to enter the menu and go to advanced->Pasta Mode (or Dev Mode if you are using an older nightly), which is practically the same thing as PastaCFW.

The ticket will still be missing and FBI will not show up in emuNAND so he will have to format emuNAND from the GW menu after installing the FBI CIA to get it to show up in both.
When my NANDs were linked I installed FBI in sysNAND and it showed up in my emuNAND and was usable. I didn't have to reformat it.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's me again,
it took some time but my 9.0E N3DS will arrive this week.

Just to understand,
do I absolutely need to use rxTools, which is apparently not rock stable? Is there anything speaking against Cakes for example?

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's me again,
it took some time but my 9.0E N3DS will arrive this week.

Just to understand,
do I absolutely need to use rxTools, which is apparently not rock stable? Is there anything speaking against Cakes for example?

I use rxtools and have had no issues..the build I been using is rxTools_10-02-15_19-07.9f48bb8

Also, Cakes / Rxtools are the same CFW now, whoever created Rxtools handed the project over and they merged them to my understanding.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I heard of 10-02 often now as being as stable as it gets. At least recommended more than the latest nightlies.
It's still hard to understand all the tutorials beforehand, maybe it'll get clearer once I actually got the device before me and doing the steps.

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I heard of 10-02 often now as being as stable as it gets. At least recommended more than the latest nightlies.
It's still hard to understand all the tutorials beforehand, maybe it'll get clearer once I actually got the device before me and doing the steps.

I just figured out how to do all this myself about 2 weeks ago. It's not even worth researching until the device is in your hands. I installed everything via the GW web exploit, than updated sysnand to 9.2 via sysupdater and installed rxtools, than installed themehax so I could boot rxtools via left trigger while booting up.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hope I can manage it without running into bigger problems but I think I'll get it done, I also managed Wii HBC, 360 JTAG, PS3 CFW and PSP CFW by myself.

Any advice on which CIA manager to use? FBI, BBM, DevMenu? What's the most convenient?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope I can manage it without running into bigger problems but I think I'll get it done, I also managed Wii HBC, 360 JTAG, PS3 CFW and PSP CFW by myself.

Any advice on which CIA manager to use? FBI, BBM, DevMenu? What's the most convenient?
Use FBI to install BBM and DevMenu2x

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any newer version of BBM than november 2014? That's the one I found.

And just to be clear, I install CIA manager while NANDs are linked and only then unlink NANDs, and then it will stay in my emunand and begone in sysnand, right?

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any newer version of BBM than november 2014? That's the one I found.

And just to be clear, I install CIA manager while NANDs are linked and only then unlink NANDs, and then it will stay in my emunand and begone in sysnand, right?

Not sure, I never bothered with (un)linking. I'm using BBM from Nov with no issues.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well actually I don't even know what's the downside of having nands linked actually. Of course I can't go over 9.2 but fw spoofing should take care of that anyway, shouldn't it?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well actually I don't even know what's the downside of having nands linked actually. Of course I can't go over 9.2 but fw spoofing should take care of that anyway, shouldn't it?
CIA's would share saves and you would have the gift unwrapping bug which re warps all of your games on each reboot.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ew. Unlink it is then.
Somewhere I read it's bad to not have a cia manager installed before unlinking but I really don't understand why. Well just install it before unlinking and I should be fine I think

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone