Need help with winrar icon on 001

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a mistake myself and I can't figure it out how I can get rid of icon winrar on 001. I don't want any kind of download on 001 under winrar. I want get rid of it. If you are suggest me uninstall and reinstall, I already tried it and not work. It still there. So help me how to get rid of icon winrar.

Screenshot_1_zpsff9cd55d.png

Also how I can get rid of this on firefox or chrome when I download any kind of 001?
Screenshot_2_zps788dbb92.png

And sorry if I post wrong thread, please change it to right spot.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
windows controll painel, search for default programs or something like that i dont own an english windows...

that will make you able to change to other program, you can also go on windows registry and delete the info for the 001 file (please dont do this before researching and someone telling exactly how to do it, i take no responsability to damage)

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
windows controll painel, search for default programs or something like that i dont own an english windows...

that will make you able to change to other program, you can also go on windows registry and delete the info for the 001 file (please dont do this before researching and someone telling exactly how to do it, i take no responsability to damage)
It Window 7. How did I can find registry? I did type search, nothing there.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like i said, wait for someone to explain in detail on to do it, it can damage your windows and give you bad problems if done incorrectly...
Oh ok.
Iirc, the .001 .002 extension is from 7zip.
So you could download 7zip and open it with that.
:O But but....Ohhh! :angry: I can't believe it that I fell for it for winrar. How I can change it back? I know, I have to uninstall to get 7z first. But I don't want any 001 on winrar when I download any kind of 001 on it.
he doesnt want the icon or make it open with 7zip for that extension, thats what i could understand
No no that is not what I meant. I meant get rid of 001 on winrar so I can use 7z on 7z instead winrar.

fryguyse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm running Win 7 in Swedish but something like:

Control Panel -> Program - Default program -> Change associations

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Oh ok.

:O But but....Ohhh! :angry: I can't believe it that I fell for it for winrar. How I can change it back? I know, I have to uninstall to get 7z first. But I don't want any 001 on winrar when I download any kind of 001 on it.

No no that is not what I meant. I meant get rid of 001 on winrar so I can use 7z on 7z instead winrar.

ho, thats more easy, uninstall winrar (or keep it) open 7zip and in options there should be an assossiations list, you can choose what files to open with 7 zip there

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

You still need to extract it right?
7zip will also add an icon to it, so no matter what you do, it'll always add an icon to it.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. Thank you guys. I went to Winrar forum and they said can't do anything to help me. IT was Admin person. But that person is no excuse for knowledge of Winrar.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wat. Also 7zip can do pretty much anything winrar can, so you can probably just uninstall winrar altogether.

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Alright. Thank you guys. I went to Winrar forum and they said can't do anything to help me. IT was Admin person. But that person is no excuse for knowledge of Winrar.

another way, right click on 001 file choose open with -> choose program then select the box "default program" and use 7zip to open it, next time it will use 7zip

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wat. Also 7zip can do pretty much anything winrar can, so you can probably just uninstall winrar altogether.
Yeah. I am going to. I did try delete it on regedit and reboot. It still there. So I have to uninstall Winrar. I usually to Winrar. But now I realize 7-zip does have rar too. So I am going use 7-zip now on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters