Gizametalman

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
OK... so, Today I got a Wacom Intuos Draw.
I already installed the driver and plugged-in the tablet to my laptop.
I've been messing around with it on different software. So far, I've tested Gimp and Photoshop.
But I've found a problem... zooming in and zooming out doesn't work anymore. It KIND OF TRIES TO but not completely.
While drawing on the Wacom, it registers the movement and everything is fine. But the mouse stops working when I use the Tablet. It moves the cursor, but the buttons (Left-Right Click and Scroll Wheel) won't.
As you may be guessing.. CTRL + Scroll Wheel = Zoom in-out.
It just won't work...
And when I try to zoom in on my canvas, it takes up to 5 seconds to recognize the movement on the Scroll Wheel.
Is like if, Gimp changes between drivers every time I use the Tablet and the Mouse.

Any guesses of what's happening? How can I solve it?

So far I've tried the following:

1.- Unplug the mouse and use the tablet. Use the Mousepad in the laptop with the Zoom gesture. Doesn't work.
2.- Plug the mouse and the tablet. Use the Scroll Whell while holding CTRL to zoom in or out. It works after 5 seconds or so. Is like GIMP tries to guess which device I just used... and it takes its time to load the gesture.
3.- Use the built-in buttons on the Stylus and the Tablet. Set them to special functions. They won't work with Gimp.

Shoutout to all Digital Artists out there: HOW DO YOU DO TO ZOOM IN OR OUT WITH A WACOM?

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Nauru
Have you installed the software that came with the tablet? I used that one for a long time before upgrading and I had to install everything from the disc to get all the stuff working correctly.

Gizametalman

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Have you installed the software that came with the tablet? I used that one for a long time before upgrading and I had to install everything from the disc to get all the stuff working correctly.

Yes the tablet works correctly.
I've searched for this problem on GIMP forums, and it's GIMP's fault. It automatically disables any Mouse when using any Tablet.

I kind-of fixed... I unplugged the Mouse, and connected the Tablet, and the built-in Mousepad now works to zoom in and out.
I don't know what happened here but :creep:

Reactions: 330

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.