Hardware Need help with restoring backups from PC ;;

jrc1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, a few days ago, I backup my 3ds (Harvest Moon Story of Seasons) save files from 3ds to pc. I followed the tutorial that someone made on another site, by copying the backup folder from:
[SD card/ Nintendo 3ds/ (a bunch of numbers and letters)/ (another similar folder)/ backup],

to my PC, just so I could have a save file where my character hasn't gotten married yet.

I played for so many hours till today, with my character finally getting married and having so many farm circles & house upgrades, and I decided to back up the save file once again on my 3ds, without overwriting the previous backups, and this time too, I made a new folder containing this new backup files on my PC. With this, I have 1 backup file from a few days ago, and 1 backup file from today.

Now, I forgot why the f*ck I did it, but I freaking deleted the new backups on my 3DS, leaving only the old backup from a few days ago. I think it was because I wanna check whether I could restore my save file or not as long as I have the backup file on my pc. So, after I deleted the new backup from my 3ds, I connected it to my PC, and then I copied the new backup folder from PC, to [SD card/ Nintendo 3ds/ (a bunch of numbers and letters)/ (another similar folder)/ backup] on my 3DS.

After that, I checked my 3DS, open the back-up management from settings, but nothing changes. The new backup files that I just copied is nowhere to be found, and it's not even on the backup list.

I know that was just so stupid. I mean, why the f*ck would I deleted the new backup files, and not the old ones instead.

I know it's my own mistake, and I'm already feeling so angry at myself, but I would really REALLY appreciate it if anyone would be kind enough to tell me how to retrieve my new save file back.
Sorry if I posted this on the wrong thread btw ;;

jrc1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[SOLVED!!]

Nevermind. I just found the solution to this problem here from someone else's thread on another website.

In case anyone else have the same problem, what I did was just connecting my 3DS to my PC, opened the backup directory, and just replace the old .sav file with the new one.
I said it before that I had 1 old and 1 new backup file on my 3DS before I deleted it, so I had 2 backup files shown on the list. But after I deleted the old one, the backup management only showed 1 files (the old one), so even if you copied your new backup file from your pc to your 3DS without replacing the old one, it won't be shown, because apparently 3DS couldn't figure out where the new file that we just copied is.

So, all I had to do was just making a new backup file, connected 3DS to PC, and replaced the new file that you just created with the backup file that you want to use. Then go to backup management on your 3DS settings>restore>the new backup file.

English isn't my native language, so I'm really sorry if my explanation is a bit confusing.
Hope it helps though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person