Hardware Need help with PS3

BlazerX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys at temp i need help fixing my ps3 its a 80gb Model, ok the problem is that its over heating the fan is running kinda slow,but after like 5mins on it overheats how can i fix this.
Edit:It was working last night then it did it the fan is running slow is there anyway i can rig it to go faster?

sparks97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if its overheating it needs the dust and carpet fluff its collected blowing/cleaning out, if its on a carpetalso try placing it on a board which will raise it up slightly and make a clear gap for the vents, if you have it in a tv stand/unit make sure it gets plenty of air circulating around and under it and the doors are open.

SteelLegend

Trophies
XP
Country
You could add a variable resistor between the +5v psu output and the grey wire connected to the fan. There's some good videos to show you how on the favourite video site. It does involve drilling a hole in your case somewhere.
A second option is to buy from ebay an electronic component they call a pulse width modulator to increase the fan speed. (if it works).
Thirdly, (which should be first) it may just be a case of dismantling the ps3, clearing away any dust and crap with a hoover and tissues, re-paste the chips with some quality thermal paste and re-build it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I like it when usps is like delivery expexted Today jk we meant tomorrow