Hacking Need help with getting nand working at all (but looking for it to work with wiiflow)

wiimanofthenorth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've never been able to get uneek+di to work on my normal white wii. It's one of the older ones that has gamecube ports... 1st gen type. I've got a 4.2E menu.

But here I am, trying again since I've just installed wiiflow 4.1 in the past few days.

I first started by deleting everything that I believe was still hanging around from when I tried uneek+di at the start of the year.

I just downloaded the latest version of ModMii 6.2.4. I selected SNEEK installation and NAND builder. I select UNEEK+DI,

I then go through giving it my Wii's number 3 letters followed by 9 numbers. Then what I wan't installed into the NAND.

I used cert.sys on the wii and copy it into the sys folder created by modmii. I then copy all that onto my USB drive.

I use the neek2go.wad and install that.

I then go to wiiflow and exit out selecting neek2go... the wii drive starts to flash, and then nothing happens even after 15 mins.
Can someone please help me until it does work?
Cheers for any help!

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
what version of uneek+di did you install?
first things first inusb:\sneek folder delete nandcfg.bin and dicfg.bin and try again to launch the neek2o channel.
If things fail again (i.e. flashes on launch) then something is missing during startup check, in this case try rev95 or 95b1 or 95b4
delete nandcfg and dicfg.bin after each failed trial
if all fails you need to make a new emunand (in this case make it using SM 4.3)

Whenever you succeed make a bakup of both you nands and sneek folder (on usb) and keep it in a safe place for a later time (it will come in handy believe me) :)

wiimanofthenorth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried using rev95 since that's what modmii defaulted to.

I had no dicfg.bin to delete... where can I get 95b1 or 95b4 from?

I've now tried 95 with SM 4.3 and still no joy. Only dicfg.bin seems to be getting made.

The HDD flashes a few times, then nothing seems to be happening. Even after leaving it for 15mins.

Btw, I've made sure I don't have any GC cards in or controllers, or other USB stuff apart from the USB HDD.

miihackwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
over night it will take about 30 seconds. you are only changing your cluster size not formatting. just right click on the drive you want to change the cluster size. click modify then choose change cluster size.

wiimanofthenorth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The minitool home version doesn't convert cluster sizes anyways. Plus I've also read that even the pro versions can't do it to basic discs. Which is what mine is, since it's USB.

http://superuser.com/questions/433000/change-file-allocation-unit-size-without-format

If no-one knows if there is an app that will just convert the clusters through USB then I guess I'll have to find some space on my desktop, backup, reformat, and copy everything back this weekend.

wiimanofthenorth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I know it does, but sadly it won't do it to none dynamic disks. Plus I don't feel like paying for it anyways.
Thanks for looking though.

I've already started things in motion. Windows 8 (the latest version of Microsoft time) says it's going to take about 10 hours just to back up. So hopefully I'll have a working wii again time Sunday rolls around, after backing up, formatting, and copying back yet again.

wiimanofthenorth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just tried to start neek2go through the channel on the wii. It loaded, and I did all the start-up setting in the nand.

I tried to load postloader and nothing happened. So I reset the wii. Tried to go back in, nothing. So I deleted those two files you mentioned before, and go back in through the neek2go channel. All I have now is a wii drive flashing at me. Seems to be a repeat of one flash.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
So the good news is that neek2o channel started fine.
I'll send you a PM containing neek2o rev 95b1 and b4 to try.
you should have made a backup once the nand started fine instead of testing PL.
but no big deal.
If you have showmiiwads use it to install the 4.3 system menu wad to the emu nand, this can fix the issue sometimes.
if it doesn't work, make a new nand and wait for my PM

miihackwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you want I can upload a fully working nand that runs via neek2o channel, let me know if you want it?

wiimanofthenorth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks AbdallahTerro. BTW, I used modmii to make the nand, I selected everything apart from wad folder and priiloader, because I've read that priiloader doesn't work so well in nands. (That might be old news by now, I'm not sure)

Or should I be not selecting something else as well?

Thanks miihackwii, but I'd like to see if I can get things going with my nand, because I'd like to able to have internet access. Which means using my wii's number.

miihackwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you can still use your internet with this nand I made it with modmii, to get internet access with this nand just extract your settings.txt file from your original nand and place it in the "Title/00000001/00000002/Data"

wiimanofthenorth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm now back at the nand wii menu. I tried using modmii yet again. I also copied over what it said for sneek on the SD with what AbdallahTerro has in his pack.

I also made sure that the Wii could see my HDD. Before I loaded up neek2o.

What should I do now?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: