Hacking need help with 3dslink

Robin Do

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!

As you might recognize im a bit new with the whole "flash 3ds" thing.
I sat and wondered a long time what flashcard i was going to buy. I was thinking r4i gold deluxe or 3dslink card. In the end it turned out to be the 3dslink anyway.
I read a lot where they said "multirom, online play" and so on.
I just recently installed the basic "flashdrive" to my 3ds.
I can play nds games on the blue card. But not online bcuz of the nintendo internet shutdown to the older nintendo drives something like that.
And the problem!
I can only put 1 game at the time on the 3ds. althou they say "Multirom. pull and drag into micro sd and start 3ds then push select".

I later on found a "patch" on 3dslink website and something about "version 4.0b bootcard".
Anyone who could explain how i patch and so on? I would like to have multiple 3ds games and not many micro sdcard.

Please help!

nintendo 3ds black
Version 4.0.5 - 10 EU
3DSlink flashcard

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
just like it says on the site, in general the same as before, just format your micro sd card for 3ds roms in exfat, and put your roms as just files on it
the last step is a little changed, press select on the location saying no card injected/found (i've got a dutch 3ds and 3dslink) you'll see all your roms in the upper screen
press a when selected the right rom (use the buttons to scroll) press a again to start the rom. works for most roms

Robin Do

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey jaap!
thnks for the quick reply!

I've done that and it doesnt work. Feels like im missing something :/

What i've done

*installed 3ds as the guide said. Skipped the win32 disk part.
*put in another sd card and drag and drop the games to that card
*put micro sd into the red 3dslink card
*went to settings -> Other settings -> Profile -> Nds profile. w8 for the startup
*went to the empty icon pressed select. Nothing happens

Do i have to have the booty thing in the red aswell?

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
Does 1 orom per mSD works for you?

- Check another rom. Something small only for testing purpose.
- Try ExFat and copy *.3DS file to microSD. Test it.
- Burn 3DS file image to mSD using WinDiskImager.
- Format 3DS system to factory settings and install exploit again.
- Check if SELECT button is workink properly. Try DS mode homebrew called DiagnoSe.

!!! remember that if you go to DS mode using game or DS flashcard, the exploit is gone and is needed to install it again.
!!! Every time console restarts your console exits 3DSLink mode and you need to go Settings>Other> Nin DS profile.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes, surely you know the bleu card needs update, and the sd-card need an update aswell, and don't listen to eggsample cause he's wrong about his solution.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
the bleu-card for the start of the chain differs so it can read exfat and fat, launcher.dat to actually read the rom files... go to where your game card should have his icon and press select

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
The exploit is always the same..... don't know what they put an update on the blue card for. but if you have seen , r4 hasn't put the same file and they are the same team..

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
there were one update , dont know if it's in 3 or in 4, and there is a launcher update...
the blue card and normal sd needs to be fat32, and the red card better is exfat...

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
So when you looked for a 3DS flash card, the Gateway never presented itself? You went with the cheap not-as-feature-rich knock-off? Good luck...

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
there were one update , dont know if it's in 3 or in 4, and there is a launcher update...
the blue card and normal sd needs to be fat32, and the red card better is exfat...

They have always changed the number on the blue card software when in fact it never changed. Trust me. The exploit is always the same and as long as you can enter exploit mode you don't need to update anything

Zamzummin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey jaap!
thnks for the quick reply!

I've done that and it doesnt work. Feels like im missing something :/

What i've done

*installed 3ds as the guide said. Skipped the win32 disk part.
*put in another sd card and drag and drop the games to that card
*put micro sd into the red 3dslink card
*went to settings -> Other settings -> Profile -> Nds profile. w8 for the startup
*went to the empty icon pressed select. Nothing happens

Do i have to have the booty thing in the red aswell?

Sorry for asking an obvious question, but you are putting the ROMs onto your microSD and not your SD card right?

It goes like this:

launcher.dat -> SD card -> 3DS
ROMs -> microSD -> 3DSLink red cart -> 3DS

Also as others have said, you need to use the 4.0b2 launcher.dat from the 3DSLink homepage, as it is the only version that supports multi-ROM.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
your 3ds micro sd-card, is it ex-fat or fat32 (not ntfs, or anything else formatted), and did you check the upper screen cause it's supposed to show in the upper screen. forgot to mention the 3ds roms need to have .3ds extension

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands