yudhafd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Here is a video in case you were doing it wrong

Thanks. Just like I said. The video showed that after he click left key the left key in the screen turn yellow and stay yellow. For me, after I click the left key it only turn yellow while I click it, and when I let go the key it's turn grey again.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks. Just like I said. The video showed that after he click left key the left key in the screen turn yellow and stay yellow. For me, after I click the left key it only turn yellow while I click it, and when I let go the key it's turn grey again.
Do you have the latest GodMode9 release?

D

Deleted User

im pretty sure luma uses select to boot settings
try not holding select or redownloading luma or downgrading your luma payload
or try replacing boot.firm with godmode9 to check for an emunand or use reinand then remove the sdcard on the homemenu

yudhafd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
or try replacing boot.firm with godmode9 to check for an emunand or use reinand then remove the sdcard on the homemenu
I did not do that

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
He's trying to use GodMode9

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry to disturb you @d0k3 but someone is having a weird issue with GodMode9 and I was wondering if you know what could cause it (I've never seen it before). When unlocking sysNAND writing by pressing buttons on the D-pad, only the first turns yellow and goes back to grey when let go.

@yudhafd can you take a video of it and upload to Vimeo or similar to show us?

Last edited by Quantumcat,
D

Deleted User

He's trying to use GodMode9

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry to disturb you @d0k3 but someone is having a weird issue with GodMode9 and I was wondering if you know what could cause it (I've never seen it before). When unlocking sysNAND writing by pressing buttons on the D-pad, only the first turns yellow and goes back to grey when let go.

@yudhafd can you take a video of it and upload to Vimeo or similar to show us?
but im saying to try using gm9 as boot.firm not loading it from a chainloader

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

PixelTheKWolf

Memelord Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest checking for a corrupt SD card, first of all, even if it does boot godmode9, if corrupt, it can still do some weird stuff. The next thing i would try is updating the CTRNand luma, and deleting the config on the nand. The problem that you were saying with godmode9 and trying to unlock access to delete the file is most likely a bug. You might want to try re-extracting the latest version from https://github.com/d0k3/GodMode9/releases to your luma payloads folder on your sdcard, and renaming it to, for this, lets just say x_godmode9.firm, so you have to hold the X button instead, since according to Luma, whenever you use the R, A, Start, or select buttons, you also have to hold the L trigger to boot into that specific payload, which is why i said reassign it to the X key instead, then see if you still get the bug while attempting to delete luma's config.

Edit: Forgot to mention, you could also try setting up godmode9 as the boot.firm on the root of your sd card, since it has support for that with the latest updates, and that might fix the bug since it isn't running through the Luma chainloader to load godmode9. I'd recommend doing this instead, first, then trying to delete the configs for luma. Also, if you have any questions about setting up godmode9 as the main boot.firm, just PM me or reply to me here, and i'll get back to you next time I'm on gbatemp. Also note that after you delete the luma config file this way, if it does work, you will have to replace the boot.firm with the luma payload again. also note i do not mean installing godmode9 to the main firm partition, since that is where boot9strap is. Instead the instructions i gave are just bypassing luma's chainloader to see if that is causing any bugs.

Last edited by PixelTheKWolf,
Reactions: yudhafd

yudhafd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I would suggest checking for a corrupt SD card, first of all, even if it does boot godmode9, if corrupt, it can still do some weird stuff. The next thing i would try is updating the CTRNand luma, and deleting the config on the nand. The problem that you were saying with godmode9 and trying to unlock access to delete the file is most likely a bug. You might want to try re-extracting the latest version from https://github.com/d0k3/GodMode9/releases to your luma payloads folder on your sdcard, and renaming it to, for this, lets just say x_godmode9.firm, so you have to hold the X button instead, since according to Luma, whenever you use the R, A, Start, or select buttons, you also have to hold the L trigger to boot into that specific payload, which is why i said reassign it to the X key instead, then see if you still get the bug while attempting to delete luma's config.

Edit: Forgot to mention, you could also try setting up godmode9 as the boot.firm on the root of your sd card, since it has support for that with the latest updates, and that might fix the bug since it isn't running through the Luma chainloader to load godmode9. I'd recommend doing this instead, first, then trying to delete the configs for luma. Also, if you have any questions about setting up godmode9 as the main boot.firm, just PM me or reply to me here, and i'll get back to you next time I'm on gbatemp. Also note that after you delete the luma config file this way, if it does work, you will have to replace the boot.firm with the luma payload again. also note i do not mean installing godmode9 to the main firm partition, since that is where boot9strap is. Instead the instructions i gave are just bypassing luma's chainloader to see if that is causing any bugs.

Thanks for the replay. I actually already tried this.
The other problem is I can't seem to input the keys combo after I try to delete luma config. I dont know why, every time I press the first key in keys combo it only turn yellow when I press it if I try to press the second key combo the first key turn grey again.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Sounds like broken buttons... most likely a permanently pressed shoulder button. Can that guy check?-

Also, I won't provide a build such as that, but if you want one with everything unlocked by default, edit PERM_BASE here and rebuild:
https://github.com/d0k3/GodMode9/blob/master/source/filesys/fsperm.h#L20

yudhafd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's not broken button because I already check it too..
I can almost guarantee you it is. There may be some button that didn't come to your mind yet. The unlock sequence only goes back to the beginning *if a wrong button is pressed*. It's almost a given that Luma stops for the same reason.

Last edited by d0k3,

yudhafd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I can almost guarantee you it is. There may be some button that didn't come to your mind yet. The unlock sequence only goes back to the beginning *if a wrong button is pressed*. It's almost a given that Luma stops for the same reason.
Is that so? Hmmm.

Okay three more question. How do I edit your firmbase? And should I change it? With what?
Sorry Im still noob...
I don't know anything.

Last edited by yudhafd,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality