Hacking Need help I am completely lost. New 3ds xl cfw/emunand install.

BeefBaby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: dimmidice

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
well you can try to change it but i was going off of the rxtools manual, i don't think i actually need the file anyway i was just troubleshooting the black screen issue myself xD. guess you'l have to reformat emunand again or try some different rxtoosl versions? :/ i know i got really frustrated with it too. i'm off to bed soon though so good luck!

edit: before i go how are you getting into emunand? via cubicninja?

Reactions: BeefBaby

BeefBaby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well you can try to change it but i was going off of the rxtools manual, i don't think i actually need the file anyway i was just troubleshooting the black screen issue myself xD. guess you'l have to reformat emunand again or try some different rxtoosl versions? :/ i know i got really frustrated with it too. i'm off to bed soon though so good luck!

edit: before i go how are you getting into emunand? via cubicninja?
I was using browserhax then HBL to launch rxtools to get to emunand. Also do you format emunand with your card in or out? Plus I already have formatted the emunand with the card in and then reput my back up on to the card. Do I need to restore afterwards or just follow the same steps again? :/

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I was using browserhax then HBL to launch rxtools to get to emunand. Also do you format emunand with your card in or out? Plus I already have formatted the emunand with the card in and then reput my back up on to the card. Do I need to restore afterwards or just follow the same steps again? :/
when i say format emunand again i mean with the gateway launcher and have it copy your sysnand again. that's what i did anyway. sorry i wasnt more clear. but before you do why not try to get into rxtools using ninjhax? it couldn't hurt. i'm no expert though i'm just repeating stuff i tried on mine 2 days ago. N3DS really was a nightmare to set up. i'm surprised there's no real guide focused on setting N3DS's specifically up. i'm off to bed now though so gluck!

Reactions: BeefBaby

BeefBaby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i say format emunand again i mean with the gateway launcher and have it copy your sysnand again. that's what i did anyway. sorry i wasnt more clear. but before you do why not try to get into rxtools using ninjhax? it couldn't hurt. i'm no expert though i'm just repeating stuff i tried on mine 2 days ago. N3DS really was a nightmare to set up. i'm surprised there's no real guide focused on setting N3DS's specifically up. i'm off to bed now though so gluck!
Thanks I'll keep trying!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I may just use reinand instead it looks like people are getting better results. I just wanted to use rxtools because it was what I used on my 2ds, but it seems like these two consoles are very different and reinand is easier to work with on N3DS/Xl.

BeefBaby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh so reinands is also being a pain in the ass. I installed it but in FBI I don't have an option for 4.x mset on 9.x reinand. So I chose 9.x and it said success but when I boot into reinand through HBL I get a screen saying reinand logo and press start to boot reinand. Which sadly never works it just sits on the screen.

BeefBaby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I reformated NAND then correctly installed 4.x mset then when I went to profile Nintendo Profile I get "an error has occurred" and my 3ds restarts. Any ideas?

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello. Recently I installed cfw, emunand, and rxtools. However luckily I found a new 3ds xl at my local target with version 9.0.0-20U. I was directed to this thread for hacking my 2ds https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/ . I tried following this thread for the New 3ds xl parts, but however when I get to booting into Gateway Ultra via the browser. After I have put Launcher.dat on the root of my Micro SD card, and then going to the browser and putting in the url go.gateway-3ds.com I get the message "Gateway 3DS LOADING...". Just a black screen with white text, and nothing actually ever loads. I was hoping someone good give me any new advice on what I have to do diffrently then when I installed emunand on the 2ds, and if anyone had a solution to this problem. Thanks!
I think that your problem is because you don´t know that the gateway launcher from the browser is old 3ds only because spiderhax whatever doesn´t work on new 3ds but browserhax work you could try it

BeefBaby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that your problem is because you don´t know that the gateway launcher from the browser is old 3ds only because spiderhax whatever doesn´t work on new 3ds but browserhax work you could try it
Thanks, but we kinda already got over that hurdle. Feel free to help on my last post on this thread however lol.

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Okay I reformated NAND then correctly installed 4.x mset then when I went to profile Nintendo Profile I get "an error has occurred" and my 3ds restarts. Any ideas?
Did you installed the MSET exploit too?
you need the MSET exploit and the downgraded MSET from what i know

Reactions: wormdood

BeefBaby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um hmm Idk I will link the tutorial I am currently using this tut to install reinand. https://mega.nz/#!spVzQaSB!bFuh2rTfye5j4lQedp_6fAy606zDkQ8Ina0yds8dy28

Also I believe I installed mset exploit and then went to profile and got an error then my console had to restart.

Last edited by BeefBaby,

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Um hmm Idk I will link the tutorial I am currently using this tut to install reinand. https://mega.nz/#!spVzQaSB

Also I believe I installed mset exploit and then went to profile and got an error then my console had to restart.
I think you gave the wrong link
how did you installed the mset exploit? i don´t have a n3ds but i think that it work somewhat like the o3ds also i think you installed it but maybe is directing you to the wrong file check where you need the files

BeefBaby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how did you installed the mset exploit? i don´t have a n3ds but i think that it work somewhat like the o3ds also i think you installed it but maybe is directing you to the wrong file check where you need the files
I installed it in FBI. Pastacfw then ninjahax then fbi then mset. Also sorry was busy. https://mega.nz/#!spVzQaSB!bFuh2rTfye5j4lQedp_6fAy606zDkQ8Ina0yds8dy28

I fixed the link

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: There is some really odd DS games I liked but not sure others would like them lol