Homebrew Need help finding Play Coin .cia among a sea of broken links

Adventurer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having trouble finding homebrew to set my play coin count. Considering the size of the XL there's no way I'm gonna put the thing in my pocket and it doesn't seem to register motion very well when it's in my purse, so earning them legitimately is out.

I downloaded something from some sketchy site and it does seem to work, but after running it, it causes problems with my EmuNAND - games won't launch properly and the system won't shutdown properly, which is scary. My system goes back to normal after a hard shutdown but I'd rather rely on something else to get the job done.

If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. I'd like to use something with .cia format, and I do not trust links to services that require I turn my adblocking off - that's a good way to get some sort of spyware.

Last edited by Adventurer,
D

Deleted User

You can't ask for warez (including PlayCoinSetter) on here. You'll have to look harder.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Just search for a certain site I can not name. I created a thread at a certain forum that has a repacked version of this app (with a custom 3D Banner too!). Your google level just isn't high enough it seems. :P

Homebrew that sets play coins is considered warez?

No. The PlayCoinSetter we are talking about is a dev program created by Nintendo. Thus it's copyrighted. Sharing it would be the same as sharing a game. GBATemp won't allow it.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,
Reactions: SLiV3R and kiwiis

Adventurer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't asking for PlayCoinSetter specifically, just homebrew that lets you set play coins.

I did not realize PlayCoinSetter was copyrighted though, sorry about that. I edited my initial post.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well it is illegal to post CIAs on this site, but google playcoinsetter cia madloader.
But I've seen CIAs posted on this site all over the place. RetroArch has links to CIAs, various tutorials have direct links to CIAs, etc...

D

Deleted User

But I've seen CIAs posted on this site all over the place. RetroArch has links to CIAs, various tutorials have direct links to CIAs, etc...
They are CIAs made by the community. Not Nintendo. Thus are NOT copyrighted. PlayCoinSetter, made by Nintendo however, IS copyrighted.

I will find a link to the homebrew you need.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I wasn't asking for PlayCoinSetter specifically, just homebrew that lets you set play coins.

I did not realize PlayCoinSetter was copyrighted though, sorry about that. I edited my initial post.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Homebrew CIAs and copyrighted CIAs are not the same.
Anyway, I know there's a homebrew version of playcoinsetter somewhere, though I don't know if it has a CIA version.

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As said above your best bet is using the playcoin setter homebrew. Provided you use a multibooter since you seem to have CFW capabilities it shouldn't be too much of a hassle to get into *hax and use it.

Also just a footnote, you can totally put an XL in one's pocket and comfortably so provided you're not wearing something tight like jeans. (I should know; I do this on a daily basis with no problems.)

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,

Adventurer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As said above your best bet is using the playcoin setter homebrew. Provided you use a multibooter since you seem to have CFW capabilities it shouldn't be too much of a hassle to get into *hax and use it.

Also just a footnote, you can totally put an XL in one's pocket and comfortably so provided you're not wearing something tight like jeans. (I should know; I do this on a daily basis with no problems.)
I can't even stand to have my cell phone in my pocket to be honest with you.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2

mediabob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Considering the avatar and mention of a purse I'm going to assume OP is female, and the pockets on most female clothing would not accomodate an XL, most won't hold an average size phone lol.

That being said, I typically wear typical blu3 jeans and I can't fit an XL in my pocket without breaking it.

Adventurer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering the avatar and mention of a purse I'm going to assume OP is female, and the pockets on most female clothing would not accomodate an XL, most won't hold an average size phone lol.

That being said, I typically wear typical blu3 jeans and I can't fit an XL in my pocket without breaking it.
I actually do buy jeans with big pockets (although to you they're likely normal sized pockets) but I just don't like the feeling of a plastic brick against my thigh.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone check titledb.com? It has tons of homebrew, and can be accesed from fbi installer 2.4.2 Also i dunno if a CIA File exist but i do know and have a 3dSX homebrew loader file that works. so i dunno.:unsure:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0