Hacking Need help connecting Pokemon Platinum to My Pokemon Ranch

bobfacemoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
First of all, is it even possible? I heard there was an update to MPR that allowed for Pt connectivity, but I don't think I have it installed, and have searched to no end for it, unable to find it.

I'm using a 3DS with a DSTT running YSMenu, but every time I click "Connect to Wii", Platinum just white screen freezes. I googled around, finding out that the R4 doesn't work, and isn't the TT an R4 clone? I'm not sure if THAT'S why it won't work.

MPR installed is "Region Free", since I had an NTSC wad and I have a PAL wii, I'm also using an NTSC Platinum. Maybe THIS is why it won't work?

If someone could shed some light on this and let me know how, or even IF, this can be fixed, that'd be cool.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm afraid the lovely person above speaks the truth. It always made me somewhat sad you can only use DP with Ranch, since it was actually quite an amusing game. It also surprises me it didn't just take a similar approach to Battle Revolution in just not taking the Platinum-exclusive forms. Ah well. If you're desperate for that support, your only route is to install a JPN WAD.

bobfacemoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well that sucks :/

Ah well. Would I lose MPR save data if I install a JPN wad of it? And would it make it connect to a US Platinum?

TangentingTangerines

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that sucks :/

Ah well. Would I lose MPR save data if I install a JPN wad of it? And would it make it connect to a US Platinum?
Save data wont transfer from US to JPN unless you have some homebrew application that can do so, or it you have some hex editing skill to change the id of the save. Even then it might not work. Though it should be possible to connect a Us version of platinum with the Japanese MPR. Not 100% on that and I couldn't find much for details online, but Game freak has been pretty good about bi-regional compatibility ever since gen 3.

Last edited by TangentingTangerines,

bobfacemoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Save data wont transfer from US to JPN unless you have some homebrew application that can do so, or it you have some hex editing skill to change the id of the save. Even then it might not work. Though it should be possible to connect a Us version of platinum with the Japanese MPR. Not 100% on that and I couldn't find much for details online, but Game freak has been pretty good about bi-regional compatibility ever since gen 3.

My hex editing sucks lol, guess I could just use D/P, I just wanted Pt because it's clearly superior ;D Thanks for your help, I'll look into JP MPR

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr