trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It has to be the bios issue, I basicly was half asleep last night when I did this so its my fault, but there has to be a fix to this, so last night I basicly thought to just redownload the bios 1.0.5 and reflash the one I already had which was the 1.0.5 bc my pc wasnt reconising the usb hub and than everything on my PC locked up complelely hell even the mouse and keyboard stopped working so I wasn't able to press the reboot button, so me being half asleep pullwd the plug and well u know the rest, gawd I feel like an idiot, in hind sight I know to never mess with flashing the bios.

God I'm stupid, I really appreciate the time and help guys thank u ☺
Definitely sounds like a borked flash.

There really isn't any fix to this other than having Dell replace your motherboard.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I don't see that happening sadly since I'm no longer on warranty and being sued I'm uploading a vid to give you guys a better idea as to what's happening k

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me know after watching the vid what are all my options to fix this pls? And if I can't how much do guys think I can get if I choose to sell it on Craig's list? I was thinking of asking a 1000$ to start but I won't go lower than 8 or 9 hundred.

Essometer

Needs data
Trophies
Website
none.de
XP
Country
Germany
I did a little search and it seems that the MB for the XPS 730x don´t have a bad bios recovery mode.
So, its basically fucked. Get a new Mainboard or call Dell and tell them something about a poweroutage, but not
fumbled on the bios.

Also, you´ll never get 800$ for a defective Dell. You would get 800 if it was working.
You could ask for 250-300$, at max.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Let me know after watching the vid what are all my options to fix this pls? And if I can't how much do guys think I can get if I choose to sell it on Craig's list? I was thinking of asking a 1000$ to start but I won't go lower than 8 or 9 hundred.
Your option is to get another computer, period. You can replace the motherboard by buying another one on ebay, but you then need another copy of Windows, as OEM copy is locked uniquely to the motherboard.

Also, a 7 year old computer will never sell at $1,000. Honestly your PC isn't worth more than $600 if working.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I will buy your lovely dell pc, with corrupt motherboard and all for
Dr_-Evil-One-Million-Dollars_zps107ab072.png

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Not much to add that hasn't already been said. Either call Dell support, go to a local repair shop, or replace the motherboard. Clear CMOS isn't working, the motherboard doesn't have any backup or fallback for BIOS failure, and it doesn't sound as if you have any methods for an indepth diagnostic.

My advice, treat this as an "opportunity" for an upgrade. I hear Haswell is a pretty good investment these days.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Pretty much. Call up Dell, have the MB fixed or replace it with a non-suicidal one. You might get some gil back if you turn in your old one to a mom and pops repair shop - those have the necessary gear to forcibly flash MB's. This is not something you can fix by yourself, you need a flasher to do this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it