Hacking Need an experts advice on buying a ps3

anthony001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,
i got a few question regarding jailbroken ps3.

1.) Is it true that I cant play ps2/ps1 games even if i buy a jailbroken ps3?
2.) is there an n64/gc/xbox emulator?
3.) can I go online to play with other people?
4.) I heard that when jailbroken ps3 cant play pirated/downloaded games just homebrews
5.) I heard that fat ps3 can play ps2/ps1 games and was also told that the gran turismo bundle can be jailbroken, is it all true?
6.) is it worth it to buy bigger memory or should i just stick to the lower money and just buy a external hd
7.) I was told that once jailbroken i can never revert back to ofw, is that true?

off topic
can slim ps2 play ps1 games?

Thanks

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys,

1.) Is it true that I cant play ps2/ps1 games even if i buy a jailbroken ps3? guess that you can download the ISO's or whatever they are and play them with multiman or how it is called.
2.) is there an n64/gc/xbox emulator? I don't know N64 is highly possible but I would not count on a NGC or XBOX emu.
3.) can I go online to play with other people?http://gbatemp.net/topic/327814-ps3-411-version-spoofer-with-psn-access/
4.) I heard that when jailbroken ps3 cant play pirated/downloaded games just homebrewsHar har we pirates can play pirated games on any console. Which loser told you this?! It is so untrue
5.) I heard that fat ps3 can play ps2/ps1 games and was also told that the gran turismo bundle can be jailbroken, is it all true?Ehh as long as your PS3 is under firmware 3.55 you are fine. Yes Phat PS3 can play PS2 games one model I thought it was 60GB can play limited amount of PS2 games.
6.) is it worth it to buy bigger memory or should i just stick to the lower money and just buy a external hdExternal HD should be easier to copy your games to and plug and play.
7.) I was told that once jailbroken i can never revert back to ofw, is that true?no

off topic
can slim ps2 play ps1 games?http://us.playstation.com/news/consumeralerts/compatibility/

Thanks

from a non-hacked PS3 fan.(My own experiences, I could be wrong!!!)

anthony001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@[member='EON']
so what your saying is taht multiman is like an emaulator for ps3?
about the external HD can i play it on the external or do i have to transfer the games to the internal hd before playing it?
can the ps3 be played with a normal tv?
I also heard that your psn can get banned when you go online on a hacked ps3. is that true? if my account got banned will I still be able to play the psn games that i bought with it?
if i bought a game on the psn can i transfer the game to another ps3 and play it there?

@[member='DarkStriker']

off topic who is that girl on your avatar?

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Yes and no, you can play psx games if you use physical media (burn it to a disk) PS2 games can only be played if you have one of the 60gb phat ps2 consoles or earlier, anything later is a no go

Not as far as i'm aware there was talk about a n64 one a while ago but as far as im aware it never happened

With the new rebug 3.55 firmware its apparently possible but people are saying it wont take sony long to close that hack, if you use any other CFW version then no there is no online

4.) I heard that when jailbroken ps3 cant play pirated/downloaded games just homebrews

It can play pirated games yes, but since the jailbreak happened sonys new games have been demanding a higher firmware to play them, there is a way round this using such devices like true blue dongle but if you dont want to get one of them then your stuck playing games that were released more than 6-8 months ago (with a few exceptions)

5.) I heard that fat ps3 can play ps2/ps1 games and was also told that the gran turismo bundle can be jailbroken, is it all true?

See answer 1, as for Gran Turismo you can get some DLC content via pkg files for some games however not sure if Gran Turismo is one of them, however i know Gran Turismo will work on 3.55

6.) is it worth it to buy bigger memory or should i just stick to the lower money and just buy a external hd

I got all my games on a 1tb external drive my 120gb filled up way to quick

7.) I was told that once jailbroken i can never revert back to ofw, is that true?

No, just get a legit 3.55 update file and run the update then you can go to the latest version from there

off topic

Yes see answer 1

Thanks

Ive had my ps3 modded since it was released and i do keep upto date with all the news so im quite confident on what ive said above

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Yes and no, you can play psx games if you use physical media (burn it to a disk) PS2 games can only be played if you have one of the 60gb phat ps2 consoles or earlier, anything later is a no go

Not as far as i'm aware there was talk about a n64 one a while ago but as far as im aware it never happened

With the new rebug 3.55 firmware its apparently possible but people are saying it wont take sony long to close that hack, if you use any other CFW version then no there is no online

It can play pirated games yes, but since the jailbreak happened sonys new games have been demanding a higher firmware to play them, there is a way round this using such devices like true blue dongle but if you dont want to get one of them then your stuck playing games that were released more than 6-8 months ago (with a few exceptions)

See answer 1, as for Gran Turismo you can get some DLC content via pkg files for some games however not sure if Gran Turismo is one of them, however i know Gran Turismo will work on 3.55

I got all my games on a 1tb external drive my 120gb filled up way to quick

No, just get a legit 3.55 update file and run the update then you can go to the latest version from there

off topic

Yes see answer 1

Thanks

so what your saying is taht multiman is like an emaulator for ps3?

Yes

about the external HD can i play it on the external or do i have to transfer the games to the internal hd before playing it?
can the ps3 be played with a normal tv?

The external drive needs to be fat32 so that gives you a 4gb limit on games there are work around but for the large games (e.g. Final Fantasy 13 42gb :O) its better to play off internal and only store on external

I also heard that your psn can get banned when you go online on a hacked ps3. is that true? if my account got banned will I still be able to play the psn games that i bought with it?

Ive never heard of anyone being banned, ive used it since the beginning and my account is still intact

if i bought a game on the psn can i transfer the game to another ps3 and play it there?

i believe you can if you log into your account on another ps3 but dont quote me on tha

Ive had my ps3 modded since it was released and i do keep upto date with all the news so im quite confident on what ive said above

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end