Hacking NDSTokyoTrim - batch trimmer with wifi detection

Zombie_Mario

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The trimmer doesn't mess with the wifi/download stuff. It leaves it intact and that's why this is the best trimmer!
bow.gif

philco1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The trimmer doesn't mess with the wifi/download stuff. It leaves it intact and that's why this is the best trimmer!Â
bow.gif

Personally I'd like to hear that from the dev

LOL, OMG i didnt even get that joke!!! LMAO mwa hahaha

Huh? What joke. All I'm wondering is if the trimmer is working properly with the new firmware. I know it doesn't clip wifi code but I'm curious if (for some reason) it clips download play code required by the new firmware. I'd like to get this information from the dev and not a random person who (most likely) has no coding experience. Props to the dev who knows all
lecture.gif
bow.gif

Well now looking at what I said ... if u are thinking that I want the dev to say that their trimmer is the best then I can understand it being a joke ... but no dev is that cocky. But also in my opinion this is the best trimmer out there with the new release of ver 0.43 increasing its compatibility.

BrianTokyo

NDSTokyoTrim Dev.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.eden.fm
XP
Country
hah, funny replies there
tongue.gif

I can't test a new firmware right now, but I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work. The trimmer does cut exactly either the rom size defined in the header, or that size + the exact amount of bytes of wifi info, not 1 byte more, not 1 less. Unless newer roms have changed anything in the header or where they store wifi info/wifi block size, I don't think any new firmware could have any problems with it.

ShortFuse

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just so you guys know. the trimming process is based on the source code i released on the ds-x forums. it's the same trimming that's used in ds-x manager.
if you guys don't have a ds-x forum registration, here is the code
CODE/*
* NDS Trimmer (ndstrim) v1.0
*  written by ShortFuse
*/
#include
#include
using namespace std;

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
ÂÂÂÂif (argc != 3)
 cout

BrianTokyo

NDSTokyoTrim Dev.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.eden.fm
XP
Country
I made the trimmer from scratch from the header infos found in and researched a little bit about ...eding any extra librares or ocx, .net, etc..)

retman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

sethsez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also gonna ask if the background could be changed, or at least give us the option to just have a standard grey background instead. Not everyone is into cartoon girls, and it mars what's otherwise one of the best PC-side apps for the DS. Leave the background as an option for those who like it, but pleeeease let the rest of us change it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse