Gaming NDS Phat questions

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,546
  • Replies 7
D

Deleted User

OP
Ok, so ive had an old NDS for a while now.. and ive been wondering...

Is there a way to replace the screen for a better - backlit screen like on the NDS Lite?
also.. the NDS Cart slot pins are all warped.. how does one fix this?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cart pins. Buy a new slot and solder it in. Fairly standard surface mount stuff there. The DS and DS lite ones are the same in case your chosen supplier is hazy on the naming and should cost next to nothing http://www.amazon.ca/Bislinks®-Cartridge-Reader-Replacement-Nintendo/dp/B00BL072HM/

Screen. Assuming you do not have one of the ones with the newer brightness controller (later models of original style DS used the DS lite brightness controller and could get variable brightnesses, including better than stock) then nothing I could really suggest. Some did fiddle with it at one point but it is nothing as well developed as the original GBA afterburner/backlight stuff that people are going in for these days.

D

Deleted User

OP
Assuming you do not have one of the ones with the newer brightness controller (later models of original style DS used the DS lite brightness controller and could get variable brightnesses, including better than stock) then nothing I could really suggest. Some did fiddle with it at one point but it is nothing as well developed as the original GBA afterburner/backlight stuff that people are going in for these days.
a tiny bit confused on the baxklight thing.. you mean the original NDS had a version with multiple settings? the one i have is like the first GBA SP.. on/off

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All stock original DS models will have the on/off backlight. Some of the later versions of that original style used the same controller to handle the backlight as the DS lite which has multiple levels. To this end if you modified the firmware with the flashme hacked firmware you gain the ability to change the brightness between various levels, still not as nice as the DS lite's screen but worth it if you can.

I would do the flashme mod anyway -- it is hard to screw up on the original DS and it will allow you to avoid the health and safety screen at startup.

D

Deleted User

OP
All stock original DS models will have the on/off backlight. Some of the later versions of that original style used the same controller to handle the backlight as the DS lite which has multiple levels. To this end if you modified the firmware with the flashme hacked firmware you gain the ability to change the brightness between various levels, still not as nice as the DS lite's screen but worth it if you can.

I would do the flashme mod anyway -- it is hard to screw up on the original DS and it will allow you to avoid the health and safety screen at startup.
I didnt know there was a softmod for the DS...

D

Deleted User

OP
FlashMe isn't technically a softmod because to install it you have to short two points underneath the battery cover, from memory. Its been a while for me
just looked it up and from what i understand you have to solder two pins in slot 1.. and my slot 1 is already a bit uuh.. warped

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
just looked it up and from what i understand you have to solder two pins in slot 1.. and my slot 1 is already a bit uuh.. warped

Uhh, back when i flashed my old phat and lite NDSs' it was definitely under the battery cover and no soldering skills required. Just sticking flat-head screw driver in a hole skill to short SL1 pads

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s