the_otsutsuki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're only DSi Enhanced.
Firstly, what flashcard do you have?

I have the r4 gold 3ds
I assumed this was to just put games like black and white 2 on the 3DS as cias and install and run them from the sd card ? Or do I need to use the actual cart or r4 card ? Which ultimately defeats the purpose of this

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the r4 gold 3ds
I assumed this was to just put games like black and white 2 on the 3DS as cias and install and run them from the sd card ? Or do I need to use the actual cart or r4 card ? Which ultimately defeats the purpose of this

use twloader for that. this is for forwarders on your nds flash cart, so u don't have to go through the menu. there's limited space in the twl, so u can only do so many games.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the r4 gold 3ds
B&W 1&2 don't work from SD card yet, so you'll need a flashcart.
use twloader for that. this is for forwarders on your nds flash cart, so u don't have to go through the menu. there's limited space in the twl, so u can only do so many games.
The forwarders are for SD as well, not just for flashcards.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

the_otsutsuki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A forwarder ? I'm not following..so you're saying there's NO way to run black or white 2 on the 3DS like we do VC ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

B&W 1&2 don't work from SD card yet, so you'll need a flashcart.

The forwarders are for SD as well.
Ahh ok. That answers my question. Thanks man

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a forwarder acts as a loader for a particular game on the flash cart. u don't have to go into the flash cart's menu basically. u need to use twloader to load games on the sd card of the 3ds itself. be warned though, the compatibility isn't great. for full compatibility, use a flash cart.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a forwarder acts as a loader for a particular game on the flash cart. u don't have to go into the flash cart's menu basically. u need to use twloader to load games on the sd card of the 3ds itself. be warned though, the compatibility isn't great. for full compatibility, use a flash cart.
The forwarders are for SD as well, not just for flashcards.

Reactions: godreborn

the_otsutsuki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info!

Reactions: godreborn

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, i managed to get it working in the end.

I did nothing different then before, however i did replace my r4 for a new one (i bought a backup years ago :P ) and used a new SD card and redownloaded all the games.

Now it seems to work fine.

Thank you for the tool! :)

Fluchritter3DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, and thanks for the piece of software/guide first :)
Got a question: Which specific Java version is needed for Mac OS? Or rather with which was it confirmed working before?
Trying the app here on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 and it does not open/crashes with the error message "Check Java console". Maybe Im just using the wrong Java version (usually Java is very rarely used here on Macs so I grabbed the newest version I found on Oracle's site)
Thanks for any idea/help :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte