Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

Defaultio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know how to make this work with the R4i sdhc snoopy? I've followed the guide but I keep getting two white screen when trying to boot the forwarder...
I feel like its the rom path, but when I actually have the right rom path, it gave me white screens... maybe you have to use the forwarder .nds file with the forwarder .cia file? Still trying to test this with New Super Mario Bros DS....

ClericLaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I feel like its the rom path, but when I actually have the right rom path, it gave me white screens... maybe you have to use the forwarder .nds file with the forwarder .cia file? Still trying to test this with New Super Mario Bros DS....

Any luck? I can get it working with the original R4 but that's prone to freezing if I leave it in sleep mode. Did you figure out how to use the snoopy

Defaultio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just letting you guys know, i'm using my 3ds's sd card... so... yeah. I'm not that guy who would buy a flashcard for no reason.

Defaultio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any idea on getting the snoopy working. Get white screens
What is snoopy, is that a game or a flashcard?

It doesn't seem to be a flashcard, so if its a game, then it should work. A forwarder just uses the legit .nds rom to boot it with TWL - If i'm not mistaken.

I'll try that too though.

dustinbv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello! I installed luma3ds and a9lh on my o3dsxl. After putting all the files on my 3ds' and flashcard's sd cards I just get the DSi Logo and after that white screens.
I wanted to use my old Supercard DSONE I with EOS which I wasn't able to use for many years until now. When starting the flashcard from the home screen everything works fine.

Do you make any differences between SC DSONE and DSONE i? Because I see only the one without "i" in the first post.

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will there also be save writing/saving in later versions of forwarder-ds? Since some games that boot in twloader with save support don't in the forwarders due to save support missing.

Zaygh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I launch the app on the home screen, it loads the DS/DSi menu, plus H&S on lower, then transitions straight to white screens, I'm doing this with an SD Card, and all the paths are correct, the only problem i seem to see is the .nds forwarder files that get created with the .cia's. I don't know where to put them, so i put them with the path of the original rom files (sd:roms/).

GwenMyNation

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I'm still in trouble... Maybe I'm missing something?
Formatted SD and placed latest kernel on stock flashcard, then placed YSMenu.
Double checked, that everything works, as it should.
After replacing nessesary files for files from "for Slot-1 microSD (R4i-SDHC RTS)" YSMenu refuses to work: "Unsupported DLDI Name"
And of course, whitescreens after DSi boot screen =/
I'm using this flashcard:
b6_t-jpg.74399

Last edited by GwenMyNation,

siamese

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hi, Its been a while since i've done your tutorial to help a friend and succeded, but now i've been trying to make forwarders using Forwarder3_ds 2.93 for my original DSTT flashcard and encountered some issues:

1-the make_cia.exe file provided in your link works only on 64 bit systems (after reading almost all posts found one suitable for 32 bit systems)
2-the generated cias dont come with the *.dat files older versions of Forwarder3_ds produced, arent they necessary anymore?
3-downloaded and extracted everything to the correct location, installed cias, but when i start a game 3ds gives me the dsi screen on top, h&S below and two perpetual white screens is it a nds_path issue? what is the correct way to write what ini file to redirect path?

Thank you very much for your attention

Zaygh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi, Its been a while since i've done your tutorial to help a friend and succeded, but now i've been trying to make forwarders using Forwarder3_ds 2.93 for my original DSTT flashcard and encountered some issues:

1-the make_cia.exe file provided in your link works only on 64 bit systems (after reading almost all posts found one suitable for 32 bit systems)
2-the generated cias dont come with the *.dat files older versions of Forwarder3_ds produced, arent they necessary anymore?
3-downloaded and extracted everything to the correct location, installed cias, but when i start a game 3ds gives me the dsi screen on top, h&S below and two perpetual white screens is it a nds_path issue? what is the correct way to write what ini file to redirect path?

From what I've heard, and this is because I'm having the very same issue, is that the Templates need updating, so it's just a matter of waiting now.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M3 DS Simply works 100% perfect, u can add it to full compatible list
Thanks for the good work
It's been on the list for a while.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

2-Due to recent discoveries in DS/DSi-mode, .DAT files are no longer needed.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It simply doesn't work for me.
What I did:
  • placed a Super Mario 64 DS in SD:\roms\nds\
  • placed the _nds folder in SD:\ (root directory)
  • downloaded and launched the forwarder tool
  • placed a copy of the mario rom in the tool's folder
  • clicked on 3DS SD Card from drop down menu
  • checked everything like in OP's screenshot but unchecked to keep the nds rom file
  • placed the resulting CIA in SD:\cias\ via ftp homebrew
  • installed with FBI
  • got double white screen
What did I do wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise