Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

Natalie_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Check "Automatically set ROM path", and make the forwarder(s) again. Make sure the ROMs you're loading in the program are from the flashcard's SD.
I've got it. The default location you've made is /Games/rom file. I'm on a Mac so I don't know if it changes anything but when I select the rom to create links to, the forwarder create the link to /Volumes/AceKard/Games/Rom file. Obviously that doesn't exist on a DS. So I've had to change my Rom folder from ROMs to Games and it all works now :D
Thanks for the help!

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I so wish we could break these title limits, 40 here for dsiware/ds forwarders and the 300 for 3DS titles. If I could have a forwarder for every single DS title on my homescreen, I would be so happy. It's not so bad picking about 40 of my favorite titles, but I'm a little OCD with trying to make everything look as polished and complete as possible, so it becomes annoying when arbitrary limits get in the way of that.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I so wish we could break these title limits, 40 here for dsiware/ds forwarders and the 300 for 3DS titles. If I could have a forwarder for every single DS title on my homescreen, I would be so happy. It's not so bad picking about 40 of my favorite titles, but I'm a little OCD with trying to make everything look as polished and complete as possible, so it becomes annoying when arbitrary limits get in the way of that.
TWLoader is also made to bypass the limit.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TWLoader is also made to bypass the limit.

Yes I know and that's nice. But the reality is, using the TWLoader is really not much different than just loading up the flashcard, either way you're leaving the home menu to access another menu that lists all the DS titles you have. Like I said, its about everything being listed on the homescreen/in homescreen folders. But I know, these limits are stuck at what they are unless someone figures out how to change them, but apparently that is a far easier said than done kind of task, and I get it, still just a bummer.

biggan1

Trophies
XP
Country
Did install but just getting whitescreen after the dsi intro. Any thoughts?

Cant see it in system as a game, guess I want to delete it but what would be the best way?
If I cant get it to work that is.

Last edited by biggan1,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did install but just getting whitescreen after the dsi intro. Any thoughts?

Cant see it in system as a game, guess I want to delete it but what would be the best way?
If I cant get it to work that is.
What flashcard is it, or what game are you running from the SD Card?

FrozenDragon150

Notorious Coffee Drinker
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So, a few questions about this.

Does this extract the banner and title from the ROM itself (so it's always the official stuff), or do they get brought from elsewhere when making the forwarders?

Once/if DSi enhancements (not just clock speed) are implemented, will they also work on flashcards?

Going on the above, will it be possible to have them be activated automatically, like, say, if while booting Super Mario 64 DS, we get NTR function only (unless set otherwise) and DS splash screen, and when booting Pokemon Black we get the TWL enhancements and DSi splash screen?

Also, if I buy a SuperCard DSTwo, will I be able to utilize the Real Time Cheats, Save States and such despite not entering the flashcard menu?

:3

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, a few questions about this.

Does this extract the banner and title from the ROM itself (so it's always the official stuff), or do they get brought from elsewhere when making the forwarders?
First. Also, you can import a custom banner to your forwarder. I made custom animated banners for some NTR games.
Once/if DSi enhancements (not just clock speed) are implemented, will they also work on flashcards?
Likely not.
Going on the above, will it be possible to have them be activated automatically, like, say, if while booting Super Mario 64 DS, we get NTR function only (unless set otherwise) and DS splash screen, and when booting Pokemon Black we get the TWL enhancements and DSi splash screen?
We'll see what progress tells us.
Also, if I buy a SuperCard DSTwo, will I be able to utilize the Real Time Cheats, Save States and such despite not entering the flashcard menu?

:3
Yes.

Reactions: FrozenDragon150

biggan1

Trophies
XP
Country
What flashcard is it, or what game are you running from the SD Card?

Running forwarder on sdcard.
Tried advance wars days of ruin and kingdom hearts recoded forwarded to my home menu. The DSiWare icon and everything starts but then it just goes to black or white (it can vary n advance wars Ive noticdd). I cant see it in software, guess I have to check the title id and delete it?

Last edited by biggan1,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running forwarder on sdcard.
Tried advance wars days of ruin and kingdom hearts recoded forwarded to my home menu. The DSiWare icon and everything starts but then it just goes to black or white (it can vary n advance wars Ive noticdd). I cant see it in software, guess I have to check the title id and delete it?
The games you mentioned don't work yet.
Here's a compatibility list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M7MxYQzVhb4604esdvo57a7crSvbGzFIdotLW0bm0Co/edit#gid=0

biggan1

Trophies
XP
Country

I see, then I need to find htme and delete them.
I guess for the moment a r4 sdhc card only is the best solution if you want an entire lib. of games.
I just bought 2 from nds-card.com. Waiting for them to arrive. :)

Is this an early stage project to get all games(well as many as possible) to work through as a forwarder/sdcard?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, then I need to find htme and delete them.
I guess for the moment a r4 sdhc card only is the best solution if you want an entire lib. of games.
I just bought 2 from nds-card.com. Waiting for them to arrive. :)

Is this an early stage project to get all games(well as many as possible) to work through as a forwarder/sdcard?
Yes.

Reactions: biggan1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?