RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! This is an awesome app, however there is just one game that doesn't work for me. If I try to run Ni No Kuni through the forwarder/YSMenu, it crashes on me a few title screens in to the game. However, if I use R4's own launcher, it loads perfectly fine. Any clues as to why this might be? (I've tried YSmenu's AP patch -- no dice).

I'm using the latest version of the forwarder app, an R4-Wifi edition and the R4i-SDHC pack, and below are my configurations.

[NTRFORWARDER]
NTRCLOCK = 0
HEALTHSAFETYMSG = 1
DISABLEANIMATION = 0
Your configuration is fine.

From the FAQs:
Q: Why does my game freeze sometimes?
A: The game has Anti-Piracy checks. YSMenu is supposed to fix that, but won't for some reason.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Tested out the newest pack and forwarders for GW Blue card.
Changes NTR Clock speed to 0, it seems to be working fine. :)
However, compatibility is still iffy, and the games that boot do not recognize the save still.
I tired creating a new save file, but the game froze at the "Saving game..." message.

HighMans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your configuration is fine.

From the FAQs:
Q: Why does my game freeze sometimes?
A: The game has Anti-Piracy checks. YSMenu is supposed to fix that, but won't for some reason.

Is there anything I can do fix that, or can I use something other than YSmenu?

Last edited by HighMans,

Bidoofguy

Custom Title:
Trophies
XP
Country
Tested out the newest pack and forwarders for GW Blue card.
Changes NTR Clock speed to 0, it seems to be working fine. :)
However, compatibility is still iffy, and the games that boot do not recognize the save still.
I tired creating a new save file, but the game froze at the "Saving game..." message.
Having the same problem. I tried it with Pokemon Platinum, and while the forwarder boots fine and plays fine, it gets stuck when it tries to save. Also, launching the card itself doesn't work either, and just sent me to the void menu with an invisible error whenever I try to access the micro SD. I tried using the _dsmenu.dat.bak in the folder, but while that one does launch, it just complains about fragmented saves whenever I try to boot anything (even when there isn't a save at all), and forwarders still can't save.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Having the same problem. I tried it with Pokemon Platinum, and while the forwarder boots fine and plays fine, it gets stuck when it tries to save. Also, launching the card itself doesn't work either, and just sent me to the void menu with an invisible error whenever I try to access the micro SD. I tried using the _dsmenu.dat.bak in the folder, but while that one does launch, it just complains about fragmented saves whenever I try to boot anything (even when there isn't a save at all), and forwarders still can't save.
I can also confirm that.
Launching the card alone also gives me a menu all in black and I can't access the SD contents. Changing the theme in the .ini file also doesn't do a thing it seems.
I switched back to the original DS_MENU.dat and it works fine with that one changed. And also the forwarders doesn't seem to save as you mention too.

One quick question, how is compatibility on your side?
Do all of your games launch with the forwarders?

Bidoofguy

Custom Title:
Trophies
XP
Country
I can also confirm that.
Launching the card alone also gives me a menu all in black and I can't access the SD contents. Changing the theme in the .ini file also doesn't do a thing it seems.
I switched back to the original DS_MENU.dat and it works fine with that one changed. And also the forwarders doesn't seem to save as you mention too.

One quick question, how is compatibility on your side?
Do all of your games launch with the forwarders?
I just tried some other games and yeah, the compatibility is pretty bad. Most of them just loaded to a white screen. I guess it's trying (and failing) to make a save? I mean the games that did load worked fine, they just froze whenever it tried to save. :unsure:

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just tried some other games and yeah, the compatibility is pretty bad. Most of them just loaded to a white screen. I guess it's trying (and failing) to make a save? I mean the games that did load worked fine, they just froze whenever it tried to save. :unsure:
Yes, same here.
I always make my tests with three games mostly:
SM64 DS, MK DS and NSMB.
From the last test I did, SM64 DS loaded up fine, but froze whenever I tried to save, and MK DS & NSMB got past the Nintendo DS splash screen, then to the main ROM's trademark logos (Nitendo TM, bla bla) and then froze in there.

0bvious

Trophies
XP
Country
I am having problems getting this to work for the Gateway Blue card. I have tried both .dat and .bak versions of the _dsmenu file, but nothing works. I just get two blank white screens. What am I missing? I have scanned through this forum, but nothing hints to the problem. Thanks

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having problems getting this to work for the Gateway Blue card. I have tried both .dat and .bak versions of the _dsmenu file, but nothing works. I just get two blank white screens. What am I missing? I have scanned through this forum, but nothing hints to the problem. Thanks
Did you extract the 3DS SD contents to it's root?

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Currently, it's not possible to run commercial/retail ROMs from SD Card with forwarders, just homebrew and Download Play ROMs."

Does this mean that any roms that I download from that "iso site" won't work with this forwarder?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Currently, it's not possible to run commercial/retail ROMs from SD Card with forwarders, just homebrew and Download Play ROMs."

Does this mean that any roms that I download from that "iso site" won't work with this forwarder?
Nope, at least not right now, but it'll happen in the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn