Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I don't understand the "Games are on SD card" option. Which SD card does this refer to? The flashcart's SD card or the 3DS'es internal SD card?

Edit: Also regarding step 11: Copy the CIA to your 3DS SD Card, and the .DAT to the specified location of the flashcard microSD.

I don't get a .DAT. I get a .CIA and an .NDS. The instructions should be updated.

Last edited by WiiUBricker,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand the "Games are on SD card" option. Which SD card does this refer to? The flashcart's SD card or the 3DS'es internal SD card?
Whatever card media is selected.
Edit: Also regarding step 11: Copy the CIA to your 3DS SD Card, and the .DAT to the specified location of the flashcard microSD.

I don't get a .DAT. I get a .CIA and an .NDS. The instructions should be updated.
Updated.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Whatever card media is selected.
Aren't games always in an SD card? What use does this option have then?

You destroyed the image of Forwarder3-DS while you were at it.
Edit: Image working now. Seems to be a google docs server issue. I recommend attaching the image directly in this thread.

Last edited by WiiUBricker,

CreedOfmiles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have TTfwd.dat in the flashcard's root?
Well now it's just showing a white screen. I know the SD and the flashcart are good, ApacheThunder's files allow it to boot normally.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well now it's just showing a white screen. I know the SD and the flashcart are good, ApacheThunder's files allow it to boot normally.

Aaaaaand it's working! Just needed to reformat my SD.

Is there a way for me to boot into the DSTT normally? Forwarders work, but when I launch the Stage2 launcher, it just boots me back into my last played game. I'd like the Stage2 launcher to load YSMenu.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aaaaaand it's working! Just needed to reformat my SD.

Is there a way for me to boot into the DSTT normally? Forwarders work, but when I launch the Stage2 launcher, it just boots me back into my last played game. I'd like the Stage2 launcher to load YSMenu.
Hold B when YSMenu starts.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the DStwo templates updated with latest Dsi bootscreen?
And... the templates and packs are updated!
The following have their templates and packs updated.
  • 3DS SD Card
  • DSTT/R4i Gold/R4i-SDHC/R4 SDHC Dual-Core/R4 SDHC Upgrade/SC DSONE
  • Acekard 2(i)/R4iTT
  • SuperCard DSTWO
What's new?
  • The redone DSi boot animation is now used.
  • You can now enable/disable the Health and Safety message at the bottom screen. It's "HEALTHSAFETYMSG" in the "ntr_forwarder.ini" file for the 3DS SD Card (the only file changed in the packs).

Last edited by RocketRobz,

jellevs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
my forwarder doesnt work, It gives a dsi bootscreen and stay on a white screen. nothing reacts. only power button and home button do something.
I have a r4i sdhc rts running luma3ds a9lh sysnand.

how do I fix this?

Update:
I forgot to put the things on the sd card, now if I run the forwarder. it does exactly the same. except when you pull the r4 cartride out. it gives an error sign on a micro sd icon. it didnt do that before.

and if I run ysmenu.nds on the r4 menu. I can select games. and the games give an error: "UNKNOWN_DLDI_TYPE". I think my r4 doesnt run on the dldi ysmenu is using.

Last edited by jellevs,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update:
I forgot to put the things on the sd card, now if I run the forwarder. it does exactly the same. except when you pull the r4 cartride out. it gives an error sign on a micro sd icon. it didnt do that before.

and if I run ysmenu.nds on the r4 menu. I can select games. and the games give an error: "UNKNOWN_DLDI_TYPE". I think my r4 doesnt run on the dldi ysmenu is using.
Make sure you have TTfwd.dat from the pack in the flashcard's root. Not having the file will cause the "Menu?" screen to appear.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks a lot!!

How can I get Forwarder3DS to work on Mac? It just creates .nds files (I suppose make_cia) is not working.
From the FAQs:
Execute chmod +x make_cia in the terminal on the .jar file's directory, so that make_cia gets the needed rights to be executed.

Reactions: tatundria

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
And... the templates and packs are updated!
The following have their templates and packs updated.
  • 3DS SD Card
  • DSTT/R4i Gold/R4i-SDHC/R4 SDHC Dual-Core/R4 SDHC Upgrade/SC DSONE
  • Acekard 2(i)/R4iTT
  • SuperCard DSTWO
What's new?
  • The redone DSi boot animation is now used.
  • You can now enable/disable the Health and Safety message at the bottom screen. It's "HEALTHSAFETYMSG" in the "ntr_forwarder.ini" file for the 3DS SD Card (the only file changed in the packs).
Looks like the "HEALTHSAFETYMSG" thing doesn't work properly on DSi bootsplash, it is always hidden, no matter if is setted as 0 or 1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end