Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

Ayukito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works just fine for me. Try installing the unpatched TWL_FIRM CIA.
Tried both. Luma patches it auto but I tried doing it manually. It was working on 11.0, but now the cart has a white label, no name. FBI still reads it but I can't boot into the forwarder or the cart itself. When trying to do it from FBI, the home menu just re-launches.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

R4i 3ds Gold (r4ids.cn)
aka R4i RTS 3DS (r4ids.cn) but website bought on calls it gold.

Ayukito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might have bricked your card. What template/pack did you use?
The R4iDSN one. The card acted like this even before attempting this. happened between me installing A9LH and me updating to 11.1 from 11.0

card still works on my DSi. Could be a new blocking method in 11.1?

will flash my 11.0 NAND and see if it works on that.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
card still works on my DSi. Could be a new blocking method in 11.1?
Nintendo hasn't blocked a DS flashcard for a very long time, so that's not true.

Ok, so the forwarder works on the DSTWO now. I'm thinking of getting a DSTWO Plus, since my DSTWO is starting to have problems. Does anyone know if this forwarder works with the DSTWO Plus?
It should. I only have the original.

Ayukito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo hasn't blocked a DS flashcard for a very long time, so that's not true.

It should. I only have the original.
Tried it on my 2ds w/ 11.1 emunand via Luma3ds and it works on that. Might be A9LH related. I never patched the firm on the 2ds. Will look into it omot

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
No any fix for moonshell2 direct boot(from 3DS's SDcard) ? I updated my ForwarderCIA program to 2.8.2 and also updated SDcard files and more. but still have a problem. That said "DLDI start up failed"
I'm very sorry to asking this again and again. But I really hope that the moonshell2 will work w/o flash cart. Because that is very cool, isn't it?

Thank you for your hard work. and I'm very respect all of your work.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No any fix for moonshell2 direct boot(from 3DS's SDcard) ? I updated my ForwarderCIA program to 2.8.2 and also updated SDcard files and more. but still have a problem. That said "DLDI start up failed"
I'm very sorry to asking this again and again. But I really hope that the moonshell2 will work w/o flash cart. Because that is very cool, isn't it?

Thank you for your hard work. and I'm very respect all of your work.
@ahezard is working on a DLDI driver for the SD Card.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: XRaTiX and Stack3r

jonlad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@ahezard and/or @Apache Thunder are the ones working on running retail ROMs from SD. If they get it working, I'll be sure to improve the forwarder template. :)

I believe that's just for homebrew.

Pardon my ignorance, but when this is complete, how will this work with a n3ds running Luma?

My understanding is that you have the forwarder .ini on your MicroSD card and you have the .NDS files on the sd also, but how to actually start a game? Or have I got it wrong and you still need to convert them to .cia?

Thank you

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pardon my ignorance, but when this is complete, how will this work with a n3ds running Luma?

My understanding is that you have the forwarder .ini on your MicroSD card and you have the .NDS files on the sd also, but how to actually start a game? Or have I got it wrong and you still need to convert them to .cia?

Thank you
Yes.
You make CIAs with the program in the first post.

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay so even if Acekard 2i support is semi-broken I still wanted to try it for fun though running Megaman StarForce Dragon did not work for me, is it one of the games that simply doesn't work? I placed the modified AKAIO firmware on the Acekard and had the Megaman ROM in the Acekard SD Root. Then I created a .cia and .nds file via 3DSForwarder, I installed the .cia and placed the .nds file in the _wfwd folder on my 3DS SD, did I do something wrong? :o

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Okay so even if Acekard 2i support is semi-broken I still wanted to try it for fun though running Megaman StarForce Dragon did not work for me, is it one of the games that simply doesn't work? I placed the modified AKAIO firmware on the Acekard and had the Megaman ROM in the Acekard SD Root. Then I created a .cia and .nds file via 3DSForwarder, I installed the .cia and placed the .nds file in the _wfwd folder on my 3DS SD, did I do something wrong? :o
Did you put the ROM game NDS file in the flashcard's micro SD card? (Not the one generated in the app, but the actual game).

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did you put the ROM game NDS file in the flashcard's micro SD card? (Not the one generated in the app, but the actual game).

Yeah I placed the the original ROM .nds file in the root of my Acekard's SD and the generated .nds file on my 3DS's SD in the _wfwd folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name speaks true :P