Not open for further replies.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Lol, there's a glare, but there are also stains....somebody please tell me I'm worng, I'm willing to admit my mistakes.

crea

Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
VuuI: this is a contradiction right there. A scam by definition usually contains nothing of value. Even an empty box would suffice for paypal in such a case you mention. Gateway cards do not even contain memory cards, so, why add them? Why add even two of them? Why different microsd?

I agree something is fishy, but I tend to believe my gut feeling and the evidence I can see in the thread and go with OP is fishy.

Yes the risk from overseas is obviously high, but when such "gatekeepers" like paypal are involved, the company will get a frozen account faster then they can blink if many customers complain.

Reactions: TemplarGR

TimeMuffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ra1d oh wow your more ignorant then I thought that would be the glare off my screen from the gateways shiny box as everyone has pointed out this was shot on a shitty cam which was actually the webcam off of my laptop.

tony_2018 Very true Tony Im sure he just hasn't responded as this was posted well after the time he was probably going to bed and it still early so Im sure he will eventually get around to making a post in his defense.

Seriously?!?! GLARE!??

Those are fingerprints from someone who was snacking on something really really greasy.....

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this ends well, but remember. the reseller can prove that it as tampered because he can show how many cards go out, and how each of them are label, secured, and shipped. If it differs from what your video looks like than you're just gonna have to show better proof, but thats already but fudged because your video just isn't clear enough to even show the sellers address, the actual envelope or nothing.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Seriously?!?! GLARE!??

Those are fingerprints from someone who was snacking on something really really greasy.....

Actually man, this is my mistake, it really does look like stains when you pause like that, but if you slowly let the video play and pause just before it hits 0:57, you can see the "stains" move and disappear evntually.

But unfortunately, I still can't buy that acting :(

TimeMuffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually man, this is my mistake, it really does look like stains when you pause like that, but if you slowly let the video play and pause just before it hits 0:57, you can see the "stains" move and disappear evntually.

But unfortunately, I still can't buy that acting :(

Oh fair enough, just checked it. You're right.

Reactions: Ra1d

Billski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ra1d Yup all good, as for my acting I'm not an acting major and I've been screwed over so many times in my life I'm not gonna act all melodramatic and like a pubescent teen no matter how bad you guys want me to. The video was legit I gain nothing literally NOTHING from the video why would I fake it. Just give me one good reason why I would? Other then you guys saying I'm a disgruntled employee as I'm from Kentucky and not China. And that I'm a competitor as you can see I haven't mentioned once that you should buy from a different site because of what happened here.

Reactions: Thomas12345

crea

Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
Ra1d Yup all good, as for my acting I'm not an acting major and I've been screwed over so many times in my life I'm not gonna act all melodramatic and like a pubescent teen no matter how bad you guys want me to. The video was legit I gain nothing literally NOTHING from the video why would I fake it. Just give me one good reason why I would?

Revenge.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrJason005 Correct I ordered fro Nds-Card.com and they scammed me.

YourHero If you actually read the post I said that was a question another customer had posted and they told him that it does work on 9.3 and I posted this because I myself have a 9.2 system and know that 9.2 is as high as you can go(so there entitles they will do anything to scam someone for a quick buck. And correct they are not on the offical reseller list however they are backed by Gbatemp or so they state they are.
gbatempseal_zps84c78764.png

No offense to this wonderful site but I wouldn't trust it's backing if it is not on the official resellers list as well from the creator.

TimeMuffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ra1d Yup all good, as for my acting I'm not an acting major and I've been screwed over so many times in my life I'm not gonna act all melodramatic and like a pubescent teen no matter how bad you guys want me to. The video was legit I gain nothing literally NOTHING from the video why would I fake it. Just give me one good reason why I would?

YES YOU DO, It's called revenge. Humans can't get enough of it apparently.

These guys are an official reseller, you can slander them, make them lose a few customers and harass them because you probably updated your console to 9.3 as a direct result of their typo. You even went as far as taking a screenshot because you were scared they might change that bit of information after reading this thread.

You've thought it all out in advance be it very poorly. Why in the world would you buy from an asian reseller when you're based in america anyways. Plenty of local resellers on gateway's site.

fenx07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought dstwo from them. Package was good. They are trusted sellers. I bought dstwo after i see that they are trusted seller in gbatemp.

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either you are a really stupid person, or you are lying.

Does take paypal. I should know, because I order one from them using paypal.

I know a few others take paypal also, because it has been mentioned in a few threads.

So either you can't do any basic checking on stuff, or you are lying.

I find your video suspect for various reason also. The biggest reason is you have NEVER done any other unwrapping videos. Suddenly you decided to do one, and you get ripped off? While possible, it's very unlikely.

As mentioned by others, it's how you act while doing it. You didn't seem surprised at all that you got ripped off. I'm not an emotional person, but I'd be pissed if I spent $80 and got ripped off. And you'd know I was pissed about it.

So know, I don't believe you either. Not sure what exactly your game is, but I don't care. Just give it up already.

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
do u guys notice the box material is like paper box?. im pretty sure gateway use plastic box. hmm?. maybe im wrong.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He was adequately upset in his emails. A little too much so, even. Source: I've seen them. ;)

:P

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked my 13 year old son to watch the video and he proclaimed it's an obvious scam by the guy taking the video. He just laughed and said they guy was sooo fake.

So I spent a little time and transcribed the script which is below. Read through it a couple of times and see if you think it's staged or not.

====================

Hey everyone on GBATemp I was just uh gonna do an opening video of a Gateway 3DS from NDS-Card.com - UM (heavy sigh)

When I tried to get a little info about the website UM not very many people had a lot of information on the forums so I figured I would go ahead and give it a shot - UM main reason being they do accept Paypal and ship to US so I know that's a big thing for a lot of people.

As you can see the package is not opened yet and still sealed with the tape. UM Here's the shipping info. UM It took about a little over 10 about 12 days total to get from China to UM Kentucky UM so I went ahead and open it and show you everything that UM comes in it.

<Knife opening envelope, throat clearing as he pulls it out of the envelope, box is beat up but no mention is made>

Here's the little box that it looks like it came in.

<Fingers deftly opening out box and sliding the tray out>

Kind of looks like all the other Gateway boxes that we see around.

Looks like they have it taped and sealed in.

UM Let me get the tape off.

Oh these look weird. Oh wow, really?!?

So they didn't even send Gateway they send some stupid-ass flash micro-SD cart things.

So they basically they just scammed the shit out of me.

They sent me some 5 10 dollar converters for micro-SDs as you can see its just the cartridge and you put your little SD card in there and it would normally change it so basically I just lost 70 80 fucking dollars over some piece of shit 5 dollar things that they threw in here UM.

I guess I'll have to get in contact with them and see what's up since that's some straight up bullshit.

UM its I'll uh post this video up and I'm gonna send message them and see what they say or something like that but this is I'm so fucking pissed right now I'm like shaking UM <no visible shaking seen>

I'm gonna contact them and see what they are gonna do about this.

But UM I'll let you guys I'll keep you updated on the forums thanks.

====================

A couple things that probably weren't obvious when people watched/listened to this the first time:

Here's the little box that it looks like it came in.

Interesting use of the past tense. If this was the first time the box was opened it should have been 'comes' not 'came'.

OP effectively says he's a Gateway virgin...

Kind of looks like all the other Gateway boxes that we see around.

If you are so 'new' what do you know what other Gateway boxes look like?

I will repeat my earlier concerns over how easily the box was opened and tray pulled out - just doesn't seem right for a Gateway 'virgin'.

Guys never done an unboxing video and for his first he pays particular attention to calling out that the package is still sealed.

Hummm, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck - maybe it's a duck.

Billski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm over fueling the troll fire of the few who continuously state they think its fake and just continue to regurgitate the same senseless garbage over and over. For those of you who were curious about the site and thinking about buying / not buying from them take this video as a grain of salt as they have had bad reviews as well as good ones. Was I upset at first? Yes absolutely I was beyond upset. However was it nds-card.com fault or was it something that happened during the shipping process? I don't know and you don't know. I'm not saying rule them completely out of your options of a purchase just beware something may happen in their shop or shipping if you are ordering from across the seas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c