FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had previously linked it up but I went to the author's site and it seems it was updated a lot in 2010 (the last version being in late November 2010) and the last version I spoke of was probably in 2009 and the changelog was extensive so best I mention it even if I do not stick it up on the portal.

People that want to know are probably aware that the DS has quite a few audio programs on the commercial side (electroplankton, band brothers and the KorgDS-10 being the most notable but things Rhythm n Notes exist along with the more shovelware side of the spectrum).
The homebrew crowd is definitely no slouch here either (early 2009 vintage but a nice overview- http://remaincalm.org/index.php/ds-music-apps and http://dsmidiwifi.tobw.net/ being two good jumping off points). MeRAMAN made NDS_BGMFILER which acted as a virtual keyboard and a midi player (among a few other formats- probably have to go somewhere else for MOD and XM though).
Alongside that there were various libraries that went into that for developers to use (MeRAMAN's site is probably where I would start if I was a native Japanese speaker looking to get into DS homebrew though the audio side and other stuff alone would be enough for me to suggest it to anyone looking to play in that side of things).

Project homepage
http://meraman.dip.jp/index.php?NDS_BGMFILER#DOWNLOAD

Binary up on filetrip
http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/applications/download-ndsbgmfiler-2010-11-15-f31525.html
Source should be up there shortly but my upload is awful so 40 odd megs is going to be a stretch.

The changelog is quite long and in Japanese but picking out the good stuff it seems
devkitPro 1.5.0 support
Keyboard now scrolls (before shifting between octaves could be troublesome when playing at the same time).
UI tweaks towards usability (volume control)
General bugfixes big and small.
Improved support for various common midi type operations (Vibrato rate among other things)
More instruments (jazz drums most notable) and waves for them and existing instruments.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.