JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't saying it is impossible for them to add upscaling to Wii games on the Wii U (I don't know), but it would probably be difficult since it's not emulating the Wii like Dolphin. However, what you said about it being almost no work to add MC and controller emulation to MIOS is just nonsense.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Shame this won't be the case.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we got some Wii games in the "new play control" series, with increased resolution and enhanced gamepad controls. Kind of like how we got GameCube games with widescreen, 480p support, and motion controls in the New Play Control series on the Wii.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
I wasn't saying it is impossible for them to add upscaling to Wii games on the Wii U (I don't know), but it would probably be difficult since it's not emulating the Wii like Dolphin. However, what you said about it being almost no work to add MC and controller emulation to MIOS is just nonsense.
I didn't say "almost no work", I said "minimal effort" ― which I stand by. Both Devolution and DIOS MIOS are able to emulate the memory card and the broadband adapter. MIOS already does some patching, and every IOS is able to interface with the bluetooth device, so yes, I think it would have been minimal effort to get the CC working with GC games. It may be difficult to add it to DIOS MIOS, but I don't see how it's nonsense to say it would have been easy for the original developers of MIOS, as they'd already have access to most of the code to handle it.

Regardless of how difficult or easy it may have been, it's beside the point. My argument was that reducing manufacturing costs won't have been the only (or main) reason to remove GC support, and that offering VC GC games would have been part of the strategy all along. And we've kind of gone off topic so how about we agree to disagree? :)

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No IOS talks to the bluetooth module. It's a USB device, the code to talk to it is included separately as part of every wii game. Memory card access doesn't go through IOS at all, DIOS MIOS tries to patch it to make it work that way without a very good success rate.

Reactions: 2 people

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Ah, more drip feeding from nintendo, so not only will they resell us gamecube games again but also wii "HD" collections too just like sony do, well a big middle finger from me to you nintendo, i will play my old wii till it blows up FOR FREE i might add, its like nintendo taking away bc on the 3DS and saying it only plays 3DS games but we are going to reseale the DS games back to you with higher resolutions, ah why am i debating? Everyone loves getting ripped off and paying for the same game more than once, i'll leave it at that. (Till hackers take over the wii u and blow it wide open, muhahaha!)

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Ah, more drip feeding from nintendo, so not only will they resell us gamecube games again but also wii "HD" collections too just like sony do, well a big middle finger from me to you nintendo, i will play my old wii till it blows up FOR FREE i might add, its like nintendo taking away bc on the 3DS and saying it only plays 3DS games but we are going to reseale the DS games back to you with higher resolutions, ah why am i debating? Everyone loves getting ripped off and paying for the same game more than once, i'll leave it at that. (Till hackers take over the wii u and blow it wide open, muhahaha!)
There's no evidence they'll do either of those things. Perhaps you should do some research before posting.

Reselling of GameCube titles is something that was initially confirmed, and then denied (no idea whether it'll happen), and the "HD collections" is something purely speculative, not even talked about publicly by anyone at Nintendo.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
No IOS talks to the bluetooth module. It's a USB device, the code to talk to it is included separately as part of every wii game. Memory card access doesn't go through IOS at all, DIOS MIOS tries to patch it to make it work that way without a very good success rate.
tueidj, perhaps you could settle this argument for us, as I'm sure you know far more than either of us. Would it be possible to add CC support to GC games through MIOS, and if so, would it require "minimal effort"?

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not through MIOS because it doesn't do anything besides wait for the power button to be pressed and it has no system RAM to work with. It could be done with a small amount of extra hardware, but as I said in another thread I would bet any gamecube VC games will be using recompiled binaries rather than the originals. That doesn't necessarily mean they'll have access to GX2 though.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: does WiiVC injector script work on aroma wiiu?