OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
narutoninretsuden3wx.jpg

This is the actual reason I decided to pick up on the Shinobi Retsuden II translation. Shinobi Retsuden III. I'm so excited in fact that I'd rather play it than translate it right now so I know what I'm dealing with. However, my DS is in for repairs so I can't test it on an actual console.

Now, there's a small bump I seem to have encountered. Highly expected though (Noitora is probably laughing his ass off right now
frown.gif
)
and that's that none of the graphics I've been working on match the new game's graphics - that goes for character names, stage names, everything. Even the old "Ready...FIGHT!" has been redone for this game. So now I've gotta do EVERYTHING from the ground up. But that's good to an extent - that means everything will be consistent graphically this time.

nsr3progress.png

Patch
http://www.mediafire.com/?mkpahy8l8whxcp1 - link updated 3/3/12. rip megaupload :'(

Newest patch - Beta 03

[Instructions: Use XDelta UI [stolen from Noitora ;_;] to apply patch ....xdelta to clean version of ROM
Make sure ROM you're gonna patch is called b-naruto3.nds
Then, in the same folder give the new patched file a name!]

Beast Battles menu 100% translated.
Options header, ingame Beast Battle instruction guide 100% translated.
Contrary to initial rant, parts of UI is now completely translated. Examples: "Round 1: Fight!" and the "VS" on the character select
Link mode mostly untranslated but no one has any friends to play this with so nothing to worry about.
50% of unlock messages translated
New title screen graphic! Disgustingly official-looking!
Header edited (title will be in English on official DS firmware)

A lot of little things I can't even recall at the moment right now are probably translated too.

Story: Chapter titles and subtitles translated!
Story: "Prologue: Newfound Determination" translated!
Very English!

Issue
I cannot translate the weapons choices in Beast Battles for some weird reason. Every time I do so it crashes the game.
For now, blue option is "Shuriken" and red option is "Kunai".
Unlock prompts are incredibly boring. This is why I haven't translated many of them. x(

[I've done enough so now I'm working on the storyline. Yes, this is where I need people to help me. Noitora, if you want to help me that's cool - if not it's OK most of it is busy work anyhow ):]

What's left to do

Character names [Characters & beasts] - 100%
Stage names - 100%
Battle UI - 100%
Main Menu - 100%. Menu descriptions is all I need.
Submenus - 98%. Didn't translate VS Mode but you guys don't have friends to play with or against anyway.
Options - 100% Translate "Options" banner. That's it
Survival Mode - 100%
Beast Battles - 100%.
Unlock messages - 80%. Translated all unlockable characters.
Story script - 10%.
Story dialogue nametags - 99%. Missing one guy's name. ):, who's
Tobi with a black overlay ingame
Story mode titles - 100%

lol I'm like 92% done or something

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
psycoblaster said:
you should be aware that it is more then likely that an NA release will be out...
Pretty aware. Regardless, the second Shinobi Retsuden was picked up and the game's US release date is Fall 2009
This won't hit US shores for like another year or so :/

plus you're gonna have the posters like "is ther a translateon patch 4 dis game????"

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What do you think the odds'll be that they localize NSR3 and just decide to sue me over 2 :I

Also since they changed things up some I figured I'd look for new menu fonts...which includes the character select.

Threw together a new look for the character names - outta curiosity, what's your opinion GBAtemp?

nsr3playselect.png

^ Keep in mind this is a shoop, the actual text will not be as smooth-looking (some antialiasing on the inside of the text, yeah)

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
this translation will be worth it.

shinobi retsuden II localisation only just reached european land, and that was actually just I with the engine of II.
first the english III(story of japanese II) will need to be released before we will get this one here.
will probably take a year or 2

EDIT: yay, hinata in the game.

gettogaara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome I knew it would be dumped eventually. The patch looks great so far and I hope for it to progress well. Koseh I like the new font you choose to use.

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh it will.
It will.

):

I should be getting my DS lite back tomorrow - and my girlfriend finally got hers (hand-me-down from brother - topscreen is wrecked though so we're looking into fixing it)

Anywhere you go the job's gonna be like a $70 project right

translation relevant: ABSOLUTELY NO PROGRESS LOL I WAS AT A DINNER PARTY

tom9927

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice job with the screen shots im so lookign forward to starting super robo k XD ust gotto learn so much

but keep up the hard work

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Good news - I got my DS Lite back. I worked out a deal with the local ma & pa gaming store that I'd call them on Sunday regarding the repairs (not so much "repairs" as it's simply "cosmetics") and schedule an "appointment" for my DS to be worked on. So now I'll have a working DS to test my work on [seriously - emulators just don't cut it - it's not the same]

In a few minutes I'll work on either the main menu or character names. Not sure atm.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
kosheh said:
Good news - I got my DS Lite back. I worked out a deal with the local ma & pa gaming store that I'd call them on Sunday regarding the repairs (not so much "repairs" as it's simply "cosmetics") and schedule an "appointment" for my DS to be worked on. So now I'll have a working DS to test my work on [seriously - emulators just don't cut it - it's not the same]

In a few minutes I'll work on either the main menu or character names. Not sure atm.

Cool! Take your time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse