OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kinda hit a tiny snag - I just can't figure out where this stage is

What's the name of the wasteland where Naruto and Kakuzu fight? Does it have a name, even?
It's the place where Naruto uses the Rasenshuriken for the first time

EDIT: I got it - ????? - Wasteland's Decisive Match

time to get a thesaurus

EDIT2: Sorted out but now

suiro.png

"Cloud Village Sewers" or "Waterway"?

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh it will get even more amazing in like

6 hours

thanks to you :V

[everyone's been saying "Cloud Village Sewers" even though the actual name of the stage IS Waterway
The sewers make more sense though]

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Well...a very good patch
I love the fonts but one thing if you could change it... Some time you make it from too big to too small... and it is a bit straining to the eye...

And something for the game...training mode...why they didn't put one....

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
N-TG said:
Well...a very good patch
I love the fonts but one thing if you could change it... Some time you make it from too big to too small... and it is a bit straining to the eye...

And something for the game...training mode...why they didn't put one....
Yeah, I know I have a tendency of doing this. I stretch them out (i.e. Sai's name) and shrink them (i.e. naruto's forms) because ...well, it's a space issue lol. I don't want the names of things to be too huge, otherwise they'll look funny touching the edges of the screen. TOMY does this themselves, actually lol
You might notice it in this patch with the stage names.

Also this game would have rocked so hard with a training mode.

Speaking of rocking hard, here's a new patch! Oh, boy!
Patchhttp://www.sendspace.com/file/8nqcdc]

Newest patch - Beta 02

[Instructions: Use XDelta UI [stolen from Noitora ;_;] to apply patch ....xdelta to clean version of ROM
Make sure ROM you're gonna patch is called b-naruto3.nds
Then, in the same folder give the new patched file a name!]

Main menu 100% translated.
Options translated 100%
All character and stage names translated
Character Select, Stage Select, Ability Allocation screens translated.
Very sexy

Issue
I cannot translate the weapons choices in Beast Battles for some weird reason. Every time I do so it crashes the game.
For now, blue option is "Shuriken" and red option is "Kunai".
I still have a bit of Beast Battles to do and I haven't even touched the unlock prompts. Go unlock Hokages and stuff yourself jesus.

[Leaps and bounds better than the last patch and you know it this time I know. After the next patch I'm going to start work on the storyline]
About the storyline: Chances are I'll extract the script, stick them all in this topic and have you guys translate it. Your names will appear in the game's credits...when I sneak our names in :V

Rosales

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not as much comparied to the second game actually.
Also, its completely linier, where as the second game actually had two side missions.
Basically if Kosheh can get someone who can read Japanese... it'll be easy... kinda.

EDIT:
Kosheh, is it really necessary for you to use the words "Shippuden" under certain characters? I mean, no offence, it looks pretty ugly. Especially under One Tailed Naruto (or Demon Cloaked Naruto as the euro version of SR2 calls it). I'm just asking... cause to me... it doesn't really seem all that necessary, especially when the pre-shippuuden characters are on another damn page.

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rosales said:
Not as much comparied to the second game actually.
Also, its completely linier, where as the second game actually had two side missions.
Basically if Kosheh can get someone who can read Japanese... it'll be easy... kinda.

EDIT:
Kosheh, is it really necessary for you to use the words "Shippuden" under certain characters? I mean, no offence, it looks pretty ugly. Especially under One Tailed Naruto (or Demon Cloaked Naruto as the euro version of SR2 calls it). I'm just asking... cause to me... it doesn't really seem all that necessary, especially when the pre-shippuuden characters are on another damn page.
Well, it's as easy as overwriting the _grow files with the PTS files; in other words a five-second fix.
The game displays all the post-timeskip versions of characters' names as "_____(Shippuden)" so I just tried to keep up with that. I feel kinda weird removing it since I had it there in my SR2 translation ):

Then again, Ninja Taisen EX3 has no disambiguation between PTS and TS [though there were only...two PTS guys] so idk

Rosales

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GNTEX3 had PTS Naruto... not sure who the other was...
Either way, my only problem with it saying shippuuden is that the PTS characters as I said are on another page.
By the way, I want to know what you're using for graphics editing. Cause I'm interested in editing the stage backgrounds and textures for a little experiment.

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rosales said:
GNTEX3 had PTS Naruto... not sure who the other was...
Either way, my only problem with it saying shippuuden is that the PTS characters as I said are on another page.
By the way, I want to know what you're using for graphics editing. Cause I'm interested in editing the stage backgrounds and textures for a little experiment.
Well, to hack it in general I'm using CrystalTile2. It's a nice swiss-armyknife kind of editing tool for this sort of thing.

As for actual image editing it's just Photoshop lol

Also the hard part is editing character textures since they're stored in the characters' nbsmd files. Stage textures [and backgrounds] are conveniently stored outside of these as default Nintendo image files.

Also, this is a little ambitious but I plan on hacking the sound files once Ninja Council 4 comes out [simple swapping, really for the most part] but CrystalTile doesn't seem to want to be on my side.
oh and before you complain

it'll be optional

edit: oh i just started work so
expect translation to be rather slow the next few days

Rosales

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I actually meant was the program for putting in my edits. Thanks.
Also, I'm already waiting for NC4, so I can swap the sound out with SND5. Hopefully though, its not like SND3 vs NC2European Version, where the sound is all fuckarranged and different.

YetoJesse

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hey there, uhm, I love it that your translating this game... but how does the patch work?... XD... what do I need to use or drag or whatnot? XD

gettogaara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This patch is going great its almost like a full english release lol. keep up the great work.
Offtopic:Whens ninja council 4 coming out?

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
...Two days ago.

fdhfdjhfc guys it's a simple UI

the patch is nsr3-betapatch01.xdelta
the game you are going to patch, you browse around for it (should be b-naruto3.nds)
and then the output game, browse around once more and then change the filename once you find a nice directory to put it in.

For some reason the version of xdelta contained with the patch refuses to participate in being a batch file, so there's no alternate way of doing it. Yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple