Hacking Nand MOD attempted on 3DS XL and L button issue

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i doubt its a software issue, there must be something on the board somewhere making it register that the button is being pressed, try taking the whole board out and giving it a good brush down, im not sure where the button controller is on the 3ds but anything around that area could cause phantom button presses even if its nowhere near where the L button is

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
i doubt its a software issue, there must be something on the board somewhere making it register that the button is being pressed, try taking the whole board out and giving it a good brush down, im not sure where the button controller is on the 3ds but anything around that area could cause phantom button presses even if its nowhere near where the L button is

Yup! I doubt it is...
I just formatted the console and still nothing working... also, even when I remove the L button, it still pressed... ghost button!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well just having a lil look on pics online, the pin for registering the button press is pin 4 on the connector, all the rest are ground, so have a close look that noting is shorting between pin 4 on the connector and any other pins, just trying to find a good quality shot of the back to see where it goes

Reactions: mvmiranda

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
well just having a lil look on pics online, the pin for registering the button press is pin 4 on the connector, all the rest are ground, so have a close look that noting is shorting between pin 4 on the connector and any other pins, just trying to find a good quality shot of the back to see where it goes

Thx mate!
Looking forward...
Also, I'm doing a some research and I can only find shoulders button "stuck" by dirt, which is not this case :P

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil

I can't seem to find any picture in images.google... I may be searching wrongly though...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
sorry i cant find any decent pictures of the motherboard, alls i can say is to take the board out and give it a tap on a table on the sides from all different angles, if there is anything stuck somewhere where it shouldn't be, hopefully it will get dislodged, i really need to get some sleep but good luck

if all else fails its a auto gateway menu upgrade :rofl:

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
sorry i cant find any decent pictures of the motherboard, alls i can say is to take the board out and give it a tap on a table on the sides from all different angles, if there is anything stuck somewhere where it shouldn't be, hopefully it will get dislodged, i really need to get some sleep but good luck

if all else fails its a auto gateway menu upgrade :rofl:

Funny! It'll only work for Gateway menu automatically launching :P

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
Disconnect L button from the mobo. Power up 3ds and check if it still act like it is pressed. If so. check Left trigger slot looking for solder, flux or other unwanted object.

Reactions: Celice

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Disconnect L button from the mobo. Power up 3ds and check if it still act like it is pressed. If so. check Left trigger slot looking for solder, flux or other unwanted object.

Hi!
I already did that... If I remove the L button, the console still acts like if it were there and pressed.
I looked the trigger slot at the motherboard (connector) and there seems to be nothing inside... I'm gonna clean it with some isopropyl alcohol and give it a shot...

This is all weird... I wondering if there is any faulty component. A resistor or capacitor... dunno.

mitroux

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
the L and R are connected directly to the main processor via 2 resistors , you have to check the vaue of those 2resistors. i don't have a pic right now for 3dsxl ; but i' take a pic for my 3ds and show you where are the resisors ocated and their value

Reactions: mvmiranda

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
the L and R are connected directly to the main processor via 2 resistors , you have to check the vaue of those 2resistors. i don't have a pic right now for 3dsxl ; but i' take a pic for my 3ds and show you where are the resisors ocated and their value

Sweet! Thx mitroux...
Looking forward to have ur 3DS XL pic.

mitroux

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
here is the pic of my 3ds , i think it's the same as 3dsxl...you need to desolder the slot card .
28upx7n.jpg

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
here is the pic of my 3ds , i think it's the same as 3dsxl...you need to desolder the slot card .

Ok!
I guess the resistors for XL is at the bottom of the board as I can't find this resistor "island"...
Quick question:
is the L and R the two 130ohm resistors or the two 1k you pointed?

BTW, thx for the tip :)

mitroux

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
they are connected ( like this cpu-----1k----130k---gnd), so you need to check with an ohmetre to see if any of the 2 resisrors give a different value from the 1k and 130k

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
they are connected ( like this cpu-----1k----130k---gnd), so you need to check with an ohmetre to see if any of the 2 resisrors give a different value from the 1k and 130k

gotcha, but I guess the design is way different as I can't find these resistors...
Here you can find pictures of the XL motherboard (top and bottom)
http://www.consolereparatie.eu/contents/media/l_3ds xl moederbord mainboard motherboard (2).jpg
http://www.consolereparatie.eu/contents/media/l_3ds xl moederbord mainboard motherboard (1)_000.jpg

Can you spot the resistors?

TheChield

Ugly Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't understand where is the mod, it's just a simple unbrick ?
It's most likely to be a faulty button than a software problem.
It would be a miracle if you'd a just mess a small part of the nand dump that have only an effect on the L button.
Did you try to remove the button ?

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nice job reading the thread before posting something 3+ people have suggested already ;)

Did you try to remove the button ?

You too :)

mvmiranda: Please be sure to continue posting updates in this thread, as it's intriguing and I'm learning a lot!

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Nice job reading the thread before posting something 3+ people have suggested already ;)

You too :)

mvmiranda: Please be sure to continue posting updates in this thread, as it's intriguing and I'm learning a lot!

Yup!
It's ok to answer the questions more than once. really!
The interesting part, as I already said, if that when I remove the button, the symptom is still there.

So, mitroux posted where is the L + R connection, but it's for the normal 3DS. I have a XL and I can't seem to find these 130 and 1K ohm resistors.

Any clues?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU