Homebrew Official NAND Dumper - Create full dumps of the NAND

Anonyamalious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does it have a progess bar or something like that? Or does it seem like it is freezing but working in the background?

Once you hit 'A' it will revert to the 'Wii U Menu' splash screen and then into the program. It shows the progress just like when it writes redNAND. Mine froze too at first when I use it with Mocha sysNAND but when I tried Haxchi sysNAND it worked.

Reactions: Toscanelli

tigzor365

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

First post so please be gentle!

I am currently dumping my mlc using v0.3 of the NAND dumper and it is extremely slooowwww.. currently been writing to the SD card for > 24 hours. Definitely not frozen.

Wii U Version: 5.5.1
CFW: Haxchi v2.5u2

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
I assume a 32GB Wii U? What card are you using? Maybe try a different card. I remember it took a couple of hours for me (maybe more), so >24 hours is clearly wrong.

Traace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
please rework fat32 check, many users have issues with the current way.

On my 16GB 64k cluster status is "Invalid paritition status" and after a proper reformat with guiformat its "first partition not fat32" but there is just one... I also rebuild MBR

EyeKey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
please rework fat32 check, many users have issues with the current way.

On my 16GB 64k cluster status is "Invalid paritition status" and after a proper reformat with guiformat its "first partition not fat32" but there is just one... I also rebuild MBR

I need to see an example of such format, can you send me the first few KBs of your SD? (Of the raw data)

Traace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I need to see an example of such format, can you send me the first few KBs of your SD? (Of the raw data)
Sorry I can't anymore the old SD is reflashed already. Just bought another SD (MicroSD SanDisk Ultra 32GB Class 10 A1) and its working now :)

Maybe some cards just dont like the check. I hope @ceevee can provide his dump.

EyeKey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I sent the first few KBs of a raw data copy. I'm not sure if I did it correctly.
Thanks for that, but that is the start of the FAT32, I need the MBR.
One simple way is to download hex workshop, and use "Open Drive", select the USB, and than "Save As..". It should be 512 bytes.

Reactions: ceevee

ceevee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for that, but that is the start of the FAT32, I need the MBR.
One simple way is to download hex workshop, and use "Open Drive", select the USB, and than "Save As..". It should be 512 bytes.
Thanks for the guidance. Please see attachment.

Attachments

• 0.zip
    579 bytes · Views: 213
Reactions: Traace

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
So is there any way using software/homebrew with CFW to write the NAND back into the Wii U without resorting to a hardware mod? Are there any technical limitations standing in our way?

kutaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hey guys! I made a dump 3 times, but md5sum of this 3 files is always different
seeprom.bin
slc.bin
slccmpt.bin

is it OK?

ceevee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting the same error on a 64 GB microsd in an sd adapter. Text states first partition is not FAT32. I checked the partition in Windows (Disk Management), and there's only one FAT32 partition. I'll attempt to get another 64 GB card and try again.
Update: I had trouble (i.e. "first partition not being fat32") with the Samsung EVO 64 GB card. No error with the SanDisk 128 GB Switch card.

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
This is a complete dumping/backuping too. It allows you to dump the NANDs, OTP and SEEPROM, per your selection.

This is the first tool to dump the SLC and SLCCMPT properly, including the ECC the spare data. Other tools are missing those parts, so they aren't proper backups, and can't be flashed back with hardmod. (But it can be fixed with the OTP and the tools that I released)

This homebrew dumps those things to the root of the SD, so make sure to have enough free space for your selection.
Options:
Dump SLC (full and proper dump)
Dump SLCCMPT (full and proper dump)
Dump MLC
Dump OTP
Dump SEEPROM

Download / Source

Credits:
Big credit to @dimok. This tool is based on his Mocha CFW, seeprom2sd and otp2sd.
can we write it back without hardmod?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Why can't we write the NAND back to the Wii U? We can on the Wii, and we have all the permissions we need on the Wii U to do so. Nobody can ever explain the WHY, they just reply with the useless "You need hardmod" response, not caring to explain the technical limitation(s) standing in the way of NAND R/W on Wii U.

EyeKey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Why can't we write the NAND back to the Wii U? We can on the Wii, and we have all the permissions we need on the Wii U to do so. Nobody can ever explain the WHY, they just reply with the useless "You need hardmod" response, not caring to explain the technical limitation(s) standing in the way of NAND R/W on Wii U.
Feel free to implement it. But it is risky and useless. If your NAND filesystem is functioning, I don't see any reason to overwrite it and having a chance to brick it.

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
Feel free to implement it. But it is risky and useless. If your NAND filesystem is functioning, I don't see any reason to overwrite it and having a chance to brick it.
i have a semi borked nand wiiu (wiiu bootloop) - oddly haxchi is still loading elf files, even more weirder is i don't have cbch installed,

anyway, i replaced the hbl elf file with that of mocha, mocha logo will show but will still result on bootloop
nand dumper boots when i replaced the elf file of hbl with nand dumper.

hence the question, if i could write it back. I know this is a lazy excuse to totally avoid hardmod, i'm totally comfortable with it. it's just that, the write feature is usually available with the dump tools

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.