Name That Game: GBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
People please use imageshack.us to upload images.
no registration or anything required.

edit: also whats the current game? score? kinda confused here.. people cant fucking follow a simple format :/

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, host wherever you want. But at least friggin preview your post before posting to see which image its showing -.-.

Whats the current score/image?

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Tanveer said:
Well, host wherever you want. But at least friggin preview your post before posting to see which image its showing -.-.

Whats the current score/image?
current image:
http://gbatemp.net/t288417-name-that-game-...t&p=3588944

current scores:

emigre:3
Tanveer:8
Ikki:2
30084pm:1
Demonbart:1
Devin:1
Schlupi:4
GameKing-4:1
Raika:2
Nathan Drake:1
Blaze163:2
spankachu:1
CrimzonEyed:2
Haflore: 1

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Lost Vikings
biggrin.gif
!

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
This thread is a mess. When I saw from the forum that this had 16 pages, I was pleasantly surprised since I thought the game had been progressing very quickly. Then I saw the thread itself.

First, numerous people complain when someone doesn't post scores/games quickly enough. Please be sensitive to time zone differences. Thread starter, you should set a specific amount of time for the next game poster, perhaps 6 to 12 hours. As for the score poster, perhaps we can bypass this by adding a simple SHA1 hash system since the game progresses to quickly to use the PM the previous poster rule. That way, people will stop complaining, much like the two posts above me.

Then, keep the guessed games next to the score box. That way, when you're not around the next poster will update the games. Also, try to organize the scores in order, that way it looks neater. If possible, add links to the games that are guessed in the box, perhaps just the wiki article.

Example:

EXAMPLE said:

Check your posts before making them. That's what the preview function is for.

In it's current state, it's not that good, but with some organization and a few improvements, it'll be good.
smile.gif

EDIT: Fixed up the scoreboard.

Tanveer: 8
Schlupi: 4
emigre: 3
Ikki: 2
Raika :2
Blaze163: 2
CrimzonEyed: 2
30084pm: 1
Demonbart: 1
Devin: 1
GameKing-4: 1
Nathan Drake: 1
spankachu: 1

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingdomBlade said:
This thread is a mess. When I saw from the forum that this had 16 pages, I was pleasantly surprised since I thought the game had been progressing very quickly. Then I saw the thread itself.

First, numerous people complain when someone doesn't post scores/games quickly enough. Please be sensitive to time zone differences. Thread starter, you should set a specific amount of time for the next game poster, perhaps 6 to 12 hours. As for the score poster, perhaps we can bypass this by adding a simple SHA1 hash system since the game progresses to quickly to use the PM the previous poster rule. That way, people will stop complaining, much like the two posts above me.

Then, keep the guessed games next to the score box. That way, when you're not around the next poster will update the games. Also, try to organize the scores in order, that way it looks neater. If possible, add links to the games that are guessed in the box, perhaps just the wiki article.

Example:

EXAMPLE said:

Check your posts before making them. That's what the preview function is for.

In it's current state, it's not that good, but with some organization and a few improvements, it'll be good.
smile.gif

EDIT: Fixed up the scoreboard.

Tanveer: 8
Schlupi: 4
emigre: 3
Ikki: 2
Raika :2
Blaze163: 2
CrimzonEyed: 2
30084pm: 1
Demonbart: 1
Devin: 1
GameKing-4: 1
Nathan Drake: 1
spankachu: 1
Yeah, like I said, I've never done this sort of thing before, so I didn't expect it to do well it's very first time.

Though your rules and ideas I will add.

And I think we should start a new game. Since this one has been going on for a couple of pages, plus it will be much more fun and organized.

EDIT: I've think we should just start a new game.

Since Tanveer had the most points, he can chose the next console.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Starting another console so soon?

I did mention that some people simply cant follow a simple format.
We could just continue this one with KingdomBlade's updates.

D

Deleted_171835

The next thread shouldn't be for games of a certain console.

It should be for games of a certain genre but for any system. As for changing the format, use the below.
Code:
[center]
[img]http://pix.gbatemp.net/171835/name%20that%20game%21.png[/img][/center]
[P= ]One person posts a screenshot of a game that fits the respective genre (no explicit images), making sure it isn't impossible to guess (ie include either a lead character or make it a renowned/significant scene) or too easy. When a successful guess has been made and confirmed to be correct by the poster of the image, the person who guessed successfully posts the next screenshot. So, if you're going to make a guess and following that post a snapshot please ensure that you check back every so often to see if someone named your game correctly or to check if your guess was correct so that the game isn't held up too long. Try not to repeat games, especially the same scene...
[list]
[u][b]Rules[/b][/u]

[*]Remember to keep the scores updated.
[*]Only post games from the respective genre
[*]Remember to update the previous movies posted list.
[*]Posting an answer and then saying "Skip me" will result in no points, and a toss-up movie either by the judge, or by the previous poster.
[*]No hotlinking to images, try to upload them to either [url="pix.gbatemp.net"]GBAtemp's picture service[/url] or somewhere like tinypic/photobucket. Make sure the name of the movie is not contained in the url.
[*]Don't "hit and run". If you're going to guess at a movie, make sure you can stick around long enough to see if your guess was correct and post the next film. If you take too long posting the next movie (24 hours or judge's discretion), you will lose the point.
[*]The winner of a round is the judge for the next round.
[/list][/P]

D

Deleted_171835

As for the SHA1 hash system, KingdomBlade suggested,
Find the game from the image you posted in the Internet Games Database.
After that, get a link for the respective game from the Internet Games Database (e.g, Super Mario Galaxy 2) and enter the link into the MD5 Hash Generator. After you get a MD5 hash, post that under the image.[/p]

super_mario_galaxy_2_wii_08.jpg

MD5 Hash: e6e3f3c3b8a4159250f97dbf0fe28d3d
To verify whether a guess is correct, one would have to look up the game (in this case, Super Mario Galaxy 2) in the Internet Games Database and then input the link here. If the SHA1 hash shown is the same as the one under the image, then your guess is correct. This helps the game go on in case the person who posted the image isn't here to confirm whether the guess is correct.[/p]
Feel free to post this on the front page. Also, does anybody have any other suggestions for a site to use instead of the Internet Games Database.

@Tanveer: Any suggestions for the next 'Name That Game' genre?

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
SoulSnatcher said:
As for the SHA1 hash system, KingdomBlade suggested,
Find the game from the image you posted in the Internet Games Database.
After that, get a link for the respective game from the Internet Games Database (e.g, Super Mario Galaxy 2) and enter the link into the MD5 Hash Generator. After you get a MD5 hash, post that under the image.[/p]

super_mario_galaxy_2_wii_08.jpg

MD5 Hash: e6e3f3c3b8a4159250f97dbf0fe28d3d
To verify whether a guess is correct, one would have to look up the game (in this case, Super Mario Galaxy 2) in the Internet Games Database and then input the link here. If the SHA1 hash shown is the same as the one under the image, then your guess is correct. This helps the game go on in case the person who posted the image isn't here to confirm whether the guess is correct.[/p]
Feel free to post this on the front page. Also, does anybody have any other suggestions for a site to use instead of the Internet Games Database.

@Tanveer: Any suggestions for the next 'Name That Game' genre?

I think finish the xbox one first, then start a new round. And can't you just copy the rules from Name the movie but change them slightly to fit with games instead of films.

D

Deleted_171835

Wizzerzak said:
I think finish the xbox one first, then start a new round. And can't you just copy the rules from Name the movie but change them slightly to fit with games instead of films.
SoulSnatcher said:
~snip As for changing the format, use the below.
CODE

name%20that%20game%21.png
[P= ]One person posts a screenshot of a game that fits the respective genre (no explicit images), making sure it isn't impossible to guess (ie include either a lead character or make it a renowned/significant scene) or too easy. When a successful guess has been made and confirmed to be correct by the poster of the image, the person who guessed successfully posts the next screenshot. So, if you're going to make a guess and following that post a snapshot please ensure that you check back every so often to see if someone named your game correctly or to check if your guess was correct so that the game isn't held up too long. Try not to repeat games, especially the same scene...

• Rules
  • Remember to keep the scores updated.
  • Only post games from the respective genre
  • Remember to update the previous movies posted list.
  • Posting an answer and then saying "Skip me" will result in no points, and a toss-up movie either by the judge, or by the previous poster.
  • No hotlinking to images, try to upload them to either GBAtemp's picture service or somewhere like tinypic/photobucket. Make sure the name of the movie is not contained in the url.
  • Don't "hit and run". If you're going to guess at a movie, make sure you can stick around long enough to see if your guess was correct and post the next film. If you take too long posting the next movie (24 hours or judge's discretion), you will lose the point.
  • The winner of a round is the judge for the next round.
[/P]
It is an edited version of the rules in the 'Name That Movie' thread.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
SoulSnatcher said:
Wizzerzak said:
SoulSnatcher said:
~snip As for changing the format, use the below.
CODE

name%20that%20game%21.png

• Rules
  • Remember to keep the scores updated.
  • Only post games from the respective genre
  • Remember to update the previous movies posted list.
  • Posting an answer and then saying "Skip me" will result in no points, and a toss-up movie either by the judge, or by the previous poster.
  • No hotlinking to images, try to upload them to either GBAtemp's picture service or somewhere like tinypic/photobucket. Make sure the name of the movie is not contained in the url.
  • Don't "hit and run". If you're going to guess at a movie, make sure you can stick around long enough to see if your guess was correct and post the next film. If you take too long posting the next movie (24 hours or judge's discretion), you will lose the point.
  • The winner of a round is the judge for the next round.
[/P]
It is an edited version of the rules in the 'Name That Movie' thread.

oh yh, lol woops.

what about the next round then? wait until the Xbox 360 round is over? Though they havn't actually specified a finishing date....

D

Deleted_171835

Wizzerzak said:
what about the next round then? wait until the Xbox 360 round is over? Though they havn't actually specified a finishing date....
No point in waiting. Also, the Xbox 360 thread should be moved into the Xbox section.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
To avoid confusion I suggest that you guys specify how long each game last (usually a month is good) and the winner of the last game starts the new one. I don't think its sensible to have two games going on at the same time, if the OP wants pm me and I will close this.

SoulSnatcher said:
Wizzerzak said:
No point in waiting. Also, the Xbox 360 thread should be moved into the Xbox section.

Not really, that means every time a new game starts it would have to go to a console specific section. That means people will have trouble keeping track of where the new games are. As this is a general section its fine if it stays here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey