Hacking Homebrew N64 on PSP O.o

tshu

On epic journey, brb.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just find it hard to believe that the PSP can emulate N64, if Xbox can barely even do it at all.

dafatkid27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Who cares? We want Daedalus 64 for NDS W.I.P!

tshu

On epic journey, brb.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Those posts are over 3 years old...

If anything, I'd bitch at the fact that pictures are not proof anymore these days.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Come on please...you can't be that stupid.

Consider this. SNES on the GBA works only at around 75-90ish% speed with massive speed hacks tailored to each game, has base bits of the core only present and zero audio core. The GBA is 16mhz and the SNES ran at like 3.2, but also had that peppy audio chip. There's roughly a 4:1 speed ratio there. Now take the N64 which ran basically a 100mhz chip and another around I think 66mhz(the rcp)...the PSP goes 333mhz max. There just isnt' enough clock cycles to run that damn thing. Who needs to check for photoshoppery or video tricking, it ain't happening.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I played Zelda: OoT on my PSP. Sure it ran slow as hell but it ran and that's the main thing
wink.gif

The N64 emulator is making progress. SNES is already near perfect, GB/C works perfectly and GBA is also making great progress. Viva la PSP, the emulation machine
biggrin.gif

tshu

On epic journey, brb.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Viva la PSP, the emulation machine
biggrin.gif
See, that's why PSP is great. Not because it has good official retail games, but because it can emulate SNES and all that
tongue.gif
. I've considered buying a PSP for the sole purpose of playing Earthbound on the go. But I think I'll wait to see how these DS SNES emu's work out...

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
I played Zelda: OoT on my PSP. Sure it ran slow as hell but it ran and that's the main thing
wink.gif

The N64 emulator is making progress. SNES is already near perfect, GB/C works perfectly and GBA is also making great progress. Viva la PSP, the emulation machine
biggrin.gif

UltraHLE is coming to the PSP Soon, and it promises full speed OoT (along with Mario 64 and Goldeneye)

Linkage

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

UltraHLE is coming to the PSP Soon, and it promises full speed OoT (along with Mario 64 and Goldeneye)

Linkage
no way GoldenEye will be running in full speed on the PSP

tshu

On epic journey, brb.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

Linkage
Um, sorry to burst your bubble, but that is the exact link which was posted in the original post of this very topic you are in.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse