MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Even if you convert and use the resources, you'd still have to reprogram the whole game.

Heey, I got another question, speaking about power, is N3DS more powerfull than N64 in every way??

I'm unboxing my NGC old game and I saw one special game; TLoZ: Collector's Edition, and instantly this idea comes to my mind... heey!! Nintendo move this four games from the NES & N64 to NGC, those game aren't new, they only move to the system in fact, and it's like the ones from GBA, the games isn't new... so... I think... there could be two different ways...

1.-The Game Disc have a N64 Emulator and that's why is that possible, but is it?? the game disc have an emulator??
2.- in fact, they only move the game using and change some files just that NGC could run these games??

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Heey, I got another question, speaking about power, is N3DS more powerfull than N64 in every way??

I'm unboxing my NGC old game and I saw one special game; TLoZ: Collector's Edition, and instantly this idea comes to my mind... heey!! Nintendo move this four games from the NES & N64 to NGC, those game aren't new, they only move to the system in fact, and it's like the ones from GBA, the games isn't new... so... I think... there could be two different ways...

1.-The Game Disc have a N64 Emulator and that's why is that possible, but is it?? the game disc have an emulator??
2.- in fact, they only move the game using and change some files just that NGC could run these games??
Wait what's your question? It's really hard to understand your English.

The collectors edition disc includes custom made emulators for each title just like with VC on Wii, if that's what you're wondering? The game has to run in it's native enviroment to work, otherwise they would have to rewrite the whole thing, Nintendo could do it like for some of the GBA titles but it's pretty much an impossible task for a home brew developer.
And yes the 3DS is better than a N64 in all aspects, emulating a system requires much more resources so that's why people are speculating about it.

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't think there's much to speculate about at this point. Since we know nothing about the homebrew power of the 3DS, We can only have either no proof, or SOME proof if Nintendo ever brings N64 VC to the 3DS (which would be so freaking cool, but I doubt it will happen).

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico

sorry man, I'm working on my english, but thanks, you answered my questions...

The collectors edition disc includes custom made emulators for each title just like with VC on Wii, if that's what you're wondering?
And yes the 3DS is better than a N64 in all aspects, emulating a system requires much more resources so that's why people are speculating about it.

So, we don't really know if something like TLoZ: Collector's Edition is possible?

Reactions: Eerpow

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
So, we don't really know if something like TLoZ: Collector's Edition is possible?
On the 3DS? Yes, Nintendo could make custom emulators for the machine, it should be capable of emulating N64 games. Just don't expect much from homebrew emulators.

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
No. PS1, N64 and PSP use MIPS CPU. So it's easier to emulate them on PSP. 3DS has ARM processor. And it's low clocked ARMv6. ePSXe team said ARMv6 was not enough for ePSXe on Android for good framerates.
No it has ARMv11 :) The 3DS is not the same as a DS

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevertheless, the CPU is dual core and not two separate CPUs. This was documented in the ARM microprocessor website, contrary to what others have said. Snes, Genesis, GBC, GBA are definitely possible. N64, while not impossible, will certainly require serious optimizations and sacrifices.

Reactions: Foxi4

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Imagine playing pokemon red/blue on a GBC emulator and having some king of "wifi linkcable support" :-)
Its would work good if you connected to one of your 3DS friends and if there was voice chat. Then you could discuss what to trade before doing so ^^

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Imagine playing pokemon red/blue on a GBC emulator and having some king of "wifi linkcable support" :-)
Its would work good if you connected to one of your 3DS friends and if there was voice chat. Then you could discuss what to trade before doing so ^^
IIRC link cable assumes minimal latency, so it won't work over the internet.

Local connection maybe.

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
IIRC link cable assumes minimal latency, so it won't work over the internet.

Local connection maybe.

I understand what you mean. But I thought that with the small amount of data and todays wifi speeds is could be possible to make it work somehow.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
I understand what you mean. But I thought that with the small amount of data and todays wifi speeds is could be possible to make it work somehow.

Wifi speeds arent all that important, it is the internet connection. The actual connection speed is only as fast as its slowest segment.

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Wifi speeds arent all that important, it is the internet connection. The actual connection speed is only as fast as its slowest segment.
Yeah but we can still send and recieve data faster over it than on a gameboy right? So if we recive the data first, then we could work with it and even it out right replicate the speed and latency.
A little like streaming a video :)

joejoejoey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah but we can still send and recieve data faster over it than on a gameboy right? So if we recive the data first, then we could work with it and even it out right replicate the speed and latency.

Well, computer based emulators struggle with game links. Essentially, ANY amount of latency can mess with the connection.

Best setup I had was using remote assitance, with two emulators running on the same machine, with my friend inputing on my machine too... Not worth the hassle.

If it was possible we would have seen it done on Android/PSP by now.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country

No... You have the Wifi/ethernet to get through to the router, then that must get to the ISP, then to whoever you want to trade with, then through the ISP and their home connection. Quite a lot slower than a direct cable connection a couple centimeters long.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sicklyboy, Hey