Hacking WiiU VC game injection working on 5.3.2

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@FIX94 Do you think similar injection apps like Snesinject could be made for injecting N64, GBA, etc ROMs?
n64 and ds dont need gecko you can replace the rom with cafiine just fine and you dont have to deal with rom bigger thanoriginal and whatnot, only nes,snes and gba need gecko becuase you need to inject the roms since there is no rom folder they are fused with the executable tahts why you cant use bigger roms or while injecting you will break the executable.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
n64 and ds dont need gecko you can replace the rom with cafiine just fine and you dont have to deal with rom bigger thanoriginal and whatnot, only nes,snes and gba need gecko becuase you need to inject the roms since there is no rom folder they are fused with the executable tahts why you cant use bigger roms or while injecting you will break the executable.

I've never used Caffiine before, actually, but don't I still need to know the offsets on where the ROM start and where it ends? I've no idea on how to actually inject, what's the best method?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I've never used Caffiine before, actually, but don't I still need to know the offsets on where the ROM start and where it ends? I've no idea on how to actually inject, what's the best method?
for cafiine no you dont need to.

For instance thats how i did it on finding my VC n64 inject stuff

first set up cafiine then launch VC titles, i see the game id on pc, exit out to wiiu menu and make cafiine folder with that gameid then run the room again and since we have a gamid now caffine will read all titles it loads, so just look for the rom path and name its that simple xD.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for cafiine no you dont need to.

For instance thats how i did it on finding my VC n64 inject stuff

first set up cafiine then launch VC titles, i see the game id on pc, exit out to wiiu menu and make cafiine folder with that gameid then run the room again and since we have a gamid now caffine will read all titles it loads, so just look for the rom path and name its that simple xD.

Now I just need to find out how to get the ROM IDs XD

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you could get a full ram dump from them all, and fsa dump from partner in time, i'll be glad to give it a look :)

currently have no money (blame home rent and internet bill haha) so I cannot buy eshop games until thurstday :D
Could you tell me how to do a ram dump with Caffiine? I have Minish Cap if that would help any, I just know next to nothing about networking

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Could you tell me how to do a ram dump with Caffiine? I have Minish Cap if that would help any, I just know next to nothing about networking
Not cafiine, but tcgp gecko :)

You can do a fsa dump, and RAM dump from the 10 offset :)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
on a side note anyone looking for GBA roms in ram dumps, check out 0x34571100 not sure if it would differ between games, but for megaman battle network the rom is stored there,
̶i̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶m̶e̶s̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶v̶i̶l̶y̶ ̶p̶a̶t̶c̶h̶e̶d̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶l̶o̶a̶d̶s̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶V̶B̶A̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶y̶t̶e̶s̶w̶a̶p̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶b̶u̶g̶g̶y̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶l̶

nevermind i just messed up along the way, the dump works fine from that offset

might save you going a big ram dump will probably be at the same offset or close by

n1ghty

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Haha :D Just dumped Kawashima Brain Training (old version)... The rom which is loaded is in /0100/rom.nds - which we used to inject. But there is a second rom in the root. "/rom.nds" which is Yoshi Touch & Go :D So they packed two roms in there!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Haha :D Just dumped Kawashima Brain Training (old version)... The rom which is loaded is in /0100/rom.nds - which we used to inject. But there is a second rom in the root. "/rom.nds" which is Yoshi Touch & Go :D So they packed two roms in there!
any chance you got a n64 vc title to dump preferely an newer release? gecko just never connects for me.

n1ghty

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
any chance you got a n64 vc title to dump preferely an newer release? gecko just never connects for me.

I only have Donkey Kong 64 and it's not working with loadiine.

The Yoshi Touch & Go Rom in Kawashima is a EUR rom and there are lots of differences to the scene release. Filesystem looks the same and I won't analyze that further.

Last edited by n1ghty,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So i looked into yoshi island ds and i have one fo those rom.zips and even when using the original dumped room.zip it doesnt work with caffine, the game should wait on the splash screen until the rom is loaded before running which doesnt happen and it trys to run before cafiine even reaches the part to upload the rom and crashes.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone tried GBA injection yet?. I bought 2 games but not tested them, spending too much time with Loadiine at the moment.

also is there an update on using Loadiine and VC titles could someone please explain. :)

Last edited by Reecey,

n1ghty

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Has anyone tried GBA injection yet?. I bought 2 games but not tested them, spending too much time with Loadiine at the moment.

I did not try to inject other roms, but I dumpedmy copy of The Legend of Zelda - The Minish Cap and it's working with loadiine. NES, SNES & GBA is working with loadiine, N64 and NDS sadly not.
So a emu loader for those 3 systems is doable. I may find some free time this week :)

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I did not try to inject other roms, but I dumpedmy copy of The Legend of Zelda - The Minish Cap and it's working with loadiine. NES, SNES & GBA is working with loadiine, N64 and NDS sadly not.
So a emu loader for those 3 systems is doable. I may find some free time this week :)
That's great news so you can dump VC games as well, no way of injecting them via Loadiine anyone tested this out yet?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
well gba,nes and snes are just the rpx files, n64 and ds have content like games and such.

Reactions: VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...