Twili

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a 3D model viewer for Ocarina of Time 3D and Majora's Mask 3D, with a pretty self-explanatory UI. Click and drag the left mouse button and use the WASD keys to manipulate the camera.

Release binary: http://www.mediafire.com/download/51t3244pb23p0kd/N3DSCmbViewer.rar
GitHub: https://github.com/xdanieldzd/N3DSCmbViewer

I'm not the main programmer, but I contributed various knowledge on the model format. I also made a couple edits to the code (deleting 2 blocks that caused undesired operation) and compiled the binary above.

(I deleted lines 63-70 in general-vs.glsl and lines 546-572 in ModelHandler.cs. The GitHub commit has them, because I don't have git, so I can't make a PR, etc.)

On the Options drop-down menu, there's an "Enable Skeletal Rendering" option. Here's what models look like without and with it enabled: :lol:

vuzjzjz.png
3hbpaBf.png

qYfuDc0.png
UBWLGxW.png

5rpCHUw.png
ROBUYE1.png

xdaniel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey, author of the program here. Just want to clarify some things about this before eventually posting about a few other, 3DS-related things.

Aside from viewing models from OoT3D/MM3D, the program can also export these to Collada .dae, tho this works best with static map models. Mostly because, despite what the screenshots above might imply, skeletal animation support is far from fully functional - one of the blocks of code causing "undesired operation", the lines in the vertex shader, was trying to get this to work, but failed. Twili's edits just make the program ignore the skeletal system for the model parts in question.

The program also loads .zar (OoT3D) and .gar (MM3D; both compressed and uncompressed) archives, can extract files from them and can render models contained within them, as seen in the screenshots. There's also some support for .zsi files, which are the 3DS versions' equivalents of scene and room files from the N64 games, i.e. they describe levels, the placements of interactive actors in them, etc.

Zg7QVrL.png

All of that said... this program should probably be replaced by a new viewer/exporter. I'm far from being a good programmer, so the code is quite a mess, and several things about the model format aren't understood very well yet. So if anyone's interested in trying to "make things right", be my guest! Even though I'm burned out from and bored by this, I'd love to see a fresh take on this thing.

Reactions: Zense and DarthDub

ThePrinceofMilk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is picked back up it could be THE tool. The rom hacking for OOT 3D and MM 3D has soooo much potential. I'm no programmer, not yet anyway... This could get me in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.