Hardware N3ds xl shoulder button fix

DualBladedKirito

The Black Swordsman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How hard is it to repair a n3ds xl left shoulder button. Mine is becoming unresponsive after periods of non use. I don't want to send it in to Nintendo because I have installed a9lh on it. So is it something a i could do with very little hardware experience? Or is there someone in the US (preferably Florida) who can do this for me if it it to much for me to take on?

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Does it work intermittently? If so then try each thing on this list. If the problem is only a little better repeat the step, and if it is not better then proceed to the next item:
  • Blow on it
  • karate chop it hard
  • slam it on the corner of a table
  • blow it with a can of compressed air / computer duster
  • blow it with a mechanical air compressor

This post is not a joke. From GBA to 3DS I have seen many systems saved with a karate chop. The problem relates to the way the shoulder buttons mechanisms catch dust. in the future consider keeping your system in a carrying case rather than the bottom of your backpack or old coat pocket.

Reactions: DualBladedKirito

DualBladedKirito

The Black Swordsman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it work intermittently? If so then try each thing on this list. If the problem is only a little better repeat the step, and if it is not better then proceed to the next item:
  • Blow on it
  • karate chop it hard
  • slam it on the corner of a table
  • blow it with a can of compressed air / computer duster
  • blow it with a mechanical air compressor

This post is not a joke. From GBA to 3DS I have seen many systems saved with a karate chop. The problem relates to the way the shoulder buttons mechanisms catch dust. in the future consider keeping your system in a carrying case rather than the bottom of your backpack or old coat pocket.
Was a little wary about this list despite your assurance but blowing in it seems to work! It might get a little annoying to keep having to do that but what the heck i can live with it.

Reactions: Heran Bago

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea if your not scared, open it up and see if there is any physical damage, tact switches after plenty of use become less responsive, you can buy a new cable on ebay and install it solving the problem for another 500,000 presses or so..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple