Hacking N3DS XL Firmware by version number

Status
Not open for further replies.

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
ah sorry about that....just that ive been hunting the net all day trying to find out what firmware they might be. so thats why i posted here. cos i know if i had read that someone had a cem1176 and it was 4.5.0-20e id have been a lot happier....anyway sorry once again.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
ah sorry about that....just that ive been hunting the net all day trying to find out what firmware they might be. so thats why i posted here. cos i know if i had read that someone had a cem1176 and it was 4.5.0-20e id have been a lot happier....anyway sorry once again.

You can always update the browser to -20

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah the coral pink cem1176 well n truly hacked now thx for all your help...if new machines exploitable will do the same way....update to 4.5.0-20e with a game then blah blah blah etc etc....btw is it doable to update sftware in the 2.1 range to 4.5 using sky3ds and say mariokart or luigis mansion......thank you

nintendo3dsxlfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to the Meijer store here in Marysville, OH yesterday to see if they had any New Nintendo 3DS XL's left in stock since they were on sale for only $179.99. To my surprise they had 5 black and 5 red. I purchased 2 black units with serial numbers QW1028 and QW1022 and they both had 9.0 firmware. I asked the associate if I could look at the other serial numbers and they had 3 others that had low serials (QW1050 or below).
3ds.jpg

These sales associates will always tell you that the consoles are all updated/all the same. I have even told them that lower serial numbers have lower firmware and they still try to tell me that they are all updated. I had a gem of an associate at Walmart in Springfield, OH that swore up and down that all the 3DS consoles they had were on the latest firmware. Needless to say, I bought 2 from there that had 9.0 firmware on them too. HEHEHE. For anyone looking for a low serial/firmware console, I would suggest checking stores that are located in rural/diverse areas.

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to the Meijer store here in Marysville, OH yesterday to see if they had any New Nintendo 3DS XL's left in stock since they were on sale for only $179.99. To my surprise they had 5 black and 5 red. I purchased 2 black units with serial numbers QW1028 and QW1022 and they both had 9.0 firmware. I asked the associate if I could look at the other serial numbers and they had 3 others that had low serials (QW1050 or below).
View attachment 30463
These sales associates will always tell you that the consoles are all updated/all the same. I have even told them that lower serial numbers have lower firmware and they still try to tell me that they are all updated. I had a gem of an associate at Walmart in Springfield, OH that swore up and down that all the 3DS consoles they had were on the latest firmware. Needless to say, I bought 2 from there that had 9.0 firmware on them too. HEHEHE. For anyone looking for a low serial/firmware console, I would suggest checking stores that are located in rural/diverse areas.
Yeah it sounds kind of racist but the best place to search is low income areas where people cannot normally afford these kinds of things :wink:

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Thats the problem i saw too :/ hoping someone on here has bought a 3ds with this serial
i hope you get an answer from someone. nearest i know for sure is yem1030 whuich is definately 9.6.0-24e....thats a white new3ds the one with the old famicon coloured buttons look. i couldny resist it lol...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thats the problem i saw too :/ hoping someone on here has bought a 3ds with this serial
on reflection i wd say that my white one on 9.6 is yem1030 is newer than the last on the list yef1009 so you might have a good chance.....hope so

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was able to score a red QW1027xxxx n3DS at a Shoppers Drug Mart today (on sale for 199.99 but they had them before for 20 bucks cheaper); FW 9.0.0-20U. The one branch I went to had 8 units, all high serial numbers. The 2nd had 4 units, only 1 with a low serial. Guess I was lucky.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
i hope you get an answer from someone. nearest i know for sure is yem1030 whuich is definately 9.6.0-24e....thats a white new3ds the one with the old famicon coloured buttons look. i couldny resist it lol...

on reflection i wd say that my white one on 9.6 is yem1030 is newer than the last on the list yef1009 so you might have a good chance.....hope so

Do you have am xl or non xl? I know all xl white were 9.3+

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
I was able to score a red QW1027xxxx n3DS at a Shoppers Drug Mart today (on sale for 199.99 but they had them before for 20 bucks cheaper); FW 9.0.0-20U. The one branch I went to had 8 units, all high serial numbers. The 2nd had 4 units, only 1 with a low serial. Guess I was lucky.[/QUOT
very very lucky ......well done you.....

As far as I know, in North America *ALL* regular n3DSes are FW 9.5+

well im in u.k. as far as i know north america never got the new3ds normal in ice white with the famicon style buttons....i dont know why not for the life of me but thats nintendo....i woulda thought famicon or snes as we called it woulda had a huge following in n america as compared to europe. but i got it and i love it......cheers

got my sights set on a zelda 25th anniversary edition next year if one comes up but only brand new boxed n sealed and i dont care if its hackable or not.....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things