Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New SN line guys.

Just got MMN3DS XL from the NA restock today.

QW1041 and came with 9.4

I saw this version at Fry's as well and there was also a 1038 or 1039 version I think? Will have to go back and check but numbers are for sure not listed on the main page.
Kinda odd if these are supposed to be the original USA shipments that got held up in the port strike. Then why are their numbers off and they have at least some on 9.4?

D

Deleted-19228

I don't think they were held off. I think they purposely held systems back to update them. This was from Fry's as well. You in NV by chance?

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The other serial was QW1038, but idk what it is. Probably looking at the progression will be 9.4 or higher. Dang. I really wanted one of these mmasks but want gateway support so might not buy it.

Wonder if I can swap out this shell onto a black 3ds w lower firmware and return it. (Still unplayed/used technically)

illicit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1427260896958_Edited.jpg

i bought 5 from frys today. lowest serial was qw1038, on 9.4...

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I can't tell from the pic. Is the inside of the mm3ds the same color as the black 3ds, or is there a gold plastic housing on the top screen area where the speakers and such are?

If that's the case, wonder how hard it is to do a mobo swap. There's no downgrade option for 9.4 right?

chris_247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I can't tell from the pic. Is the inside of the mm3ds the same color as the black 3ds, or is there a gold plastic housing on the top screen area where the speakers and such are?

If that's the case, wonder how hard it is to do a mobo swap. There's no downgrade option for 9.4 right?

Thats exactly what I'm doing with my jp 3ds mm edition that came on 9.4 It set me back $150 to swap it for a 9.0 american motherboard but at least ill have a usable console.

Ps. Majoras mask editions are black inside

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KARL team supposedly found an exploit in 9.5 and lower that can be used to gain kernel access. Even if you get 9.4 it's not the end of the world, especially if you don't mind sitting on it for a while. There's no real telling when GW would eventually get/steal the exploit and implement it themselves. "Soon"

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hah. Well I could do that but I did the same with gateway for 4.5 fw.....and I sat on an original 3ds w 1.0 fw waiting a few years! Guess I can wait again with my old 3dsxl on 4.5.
Wonder if Karl or gw can implement the menu/launcher from the system menu w/out having to go through exploit games every time. Hate that method but really would like to experience the improved 3d and access to "new 3ds only" games.

Good luck w GameStop hunting today for MM 3ds's people!

illicit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

its not hard at all, about the same difficulty as a regular xl swap. i've done plenty already.

Myria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KARL team supposedly found an exploit in 9.5 and lower that can be used to gain kernel access. Even if you get 9.4 it's not the end of the world, especially if you don't mind sitting on it for a while. There's no real telling when GW would eventually get/steal the exploit and implement it themselves. "Soon"

Where'd you hear that?!

illicit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

also, not sure what the color of the inside has to do with a motherboard swap. shell swap, yes; mobo swap, no.

razielleonhart

RazzyDee
Trophies
XP
Country

motherboard was easy to swap. thats what i did

11025169_10205372678773042_871114805391500057_n_zpsbqwtgih7.jpg

Reactions: sblast3

typ0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Was a bit worried when I started seeing the MM restocks. I only got mine the other day so here are the results.

Console: N3DS XL
Serial Number: QAH1008
Region: Europe (AUS)
Firmware: 9.0.0-20E
System Color: MM LE from Second Batch (Late March)

Reactions: Schizoanalysis

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW, if you do a faceplate swap, does the serial number go with it, or that stays on the original housing? If that's the case, I guess a mobo swap is the only way to have the serial sticker stay with the unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol