Hacking N3ds XL and Sky3ds or 3ds XL and gateway?

Rohit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hello I'm new to the forums and I'm wondering if I should get the new 3ds xl and the sky3ds or get the old and cheaper 3ds xl and gateway. I heard it's hard to play games like dungeon hunter 4 without the c stick.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Hello I'm new to the forums and I'm wondering if I should get the new 3ds xl and the sky3ds or get the old and cheaper 3ds xl and gateway. I heard it's hard to play games like dungeon hunter 4 without the c stick.

Why not find a 9.0-9.2 console and use n3ds and gw?

Rohit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Why not find a 9.0-9.2 console and use n3ds and gw?

Doesn't it need a retail cubic ninja copy? Because I live in India and most of the games aren't available here. I'll be ordering the flash card from nds-card.com

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't it need a retail cubic ninja copy? Because I live in India and most of the games aren't available here. I'll be ordering the flash card from nds-card.com

If I was you I would still find a n3ds with 9.0-9.2 then if you do go with sky run the gw exploit and dump your nand. In the future when you have the money invest in a gw and use sky as the entry point with cubic ninja

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
How would I do that?

Well sky replicates a real cart so just load the rom and use that as if it were an actual cart

I want to mention that to retrieve the 9.0-9.2 original firmware you will need a hard mod but as long as gw eventually supports versions higher than 9.5 you should be able to inject your nand to emunand and it will be fine

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Can I prevent the 3ds from updating the firmware?

You can block the Nintendo web update sites on your router and delete the update nag if it comes up. The problem would still be if you're playing a game with sky and it requires a higher firmware then you're at you either have to update or not play the game

Gateway has firmware spoofing so thats not a problem, sky currently works on every system nand out but if you ever want gw you can't update or have to nand flash back if you did a backup of the lower firmware

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Let him at least first get a N3DS on or below v9.2 first. If he can't, then there's no point in discussing anymore. His only option then would be the SKY3DS.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Get a new 3DS XL no matter what. You can decide on the flashcart based on its firmware.

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Check the sn and do a little shopping around and see if you can get a 9.0-9.2 console first. If all else fails then get whatever you can find and get sky. Imop that push button jukebox would get really old really fast for me

He's from India, just like me, and Nintendo hasn't officially released the 3DS yet, so no option of going around shops trying to get the perfect version. We only have the option of importing the console ourselves or buy the console someone else imported and sold at a higher price.

That's why I said, let him get a N3DS first :P

Reactions: Ronhero and Rohit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM