Hacking N3DS w/A9LH black screen on boot but can hear the system menu

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
In any case, Luma seems to be unable to initialize the screens when booting while the screens works fine using the payloads?

Can only think of one thing and that is corrupted system files.

0x40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make a backup, then delete everything on the SD card except for the Luma/A9LH stuff.

orlando1986

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hey all.
I installed A9LH on my cousin's N3DS and everything was working fine. But I believe he must have deleted some system files on it. Because now when you boot up the 3DS it has a black screen but you can hear the system menu background music. I can still load up Luma and the other payloads on boot though. Unfortunately, I do not have a SYSNAND backup.

I tried formatting the SD card, updating Luma via PC, and CTRTRANSFER and nothing seems to fix it.

Is there any hope to fix it?
hi, did you solve the problem? it happens to meexactly the same

orlando1986

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Removing the SD card will cause the 3DS to not even start up. The power light will flash on then off.

I also have the arm9loader bin and luma payload files in the correct places on the SD card. Also have the current version of Luma with Autoboot Sysnand enabled.

Finally I performed 9.2 ctr transfer via Decrypt9 and it didn't fix it. Even updated the 3ds via safe mode. Still nothing :(

It's weird because the 3DS boots up but both screen are black and you can hear the background music of the system menu. I can even hear me moving the cursor with the circle pad.
Hey all.
I installed A9LH on my cousin's N3DS and everything was working fine. But I believe he must have deleted some system files on it. Because now when you boot up the 3DS it has a black screen but you can hear the system menu background music. I can still load up Luma and the other payloads on boot though. Unfortunately, I do not have a SYSNAND backup.

I tried formatting the SD card, updating Luma via PC, and CTRTRANSFER and nothing seems to fix it.

Hey all.

hi, did you solve the problem? is that i have exactly the same problem, the music sounds but the screens dp not light

orlando1986

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hey all.

??

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey all.

m

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it had anything to do with him deleting files because it sounds like the system works just fine despite giving you no image.

Sounds like a hardware problem to me, the screen probably just died and needs to be replaced.

I say that because you can hear the sounds of the home menu and do stuff around with the system but no image is displayed.

0x40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it had anything to do with him deleting files because it sounds like the system works just fine despite giving you no image.

Sounds like a hardware problem to me, the screen probably just died and needs to be replaced.

I say that because you can hear the sounds of the home menu and do stuff around with the system but no image is displayed.
I doubt it's a hardware problem if the screen works for everything but the system menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought