Hardware N3DS vs O3DS, which should I get?

dj505

Inexperienced Romhacker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
I apologixe for the n00b/probably overasked question!

I really like the faceplates available for the standard New 3DS, and I also like the size. But the XL is more readily available. What I need to know is if the current N3DS XL has swappable faceplates or not, and which would be better for a9lh + Luma.

EDIT: Mistitled the thread. Meant to ask about the N3DS standard vs XL.

Last edited by dj505,

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the n3dsxl does not have swappable faceplates.

All of them are equally good for a9lh, but the n3ds has more features like video streaming.

tbh though, just save the money for a switch at this point. That is, if you already have 1 3ds.

Reactions: dj505

dj505

Inexperienced Romhacker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
I do have an old 3DS, but I still would like to get a new one, especially for video streaming with NTR. The Switch would be nice to have, but I want to see how it does for a few months before I grab one just to know whether or not it'll be successful or worth having.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New 3DS for emulators, streaming, f.lux, and better performance with some games. Old 3DS if you just want to play 3ds games

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"N3DS vs O3DS, which should I get?" the title is a bit misleading. I thought you were deciding between o3ds and n3ds. But it turns out that you are deciding between n3ds and n3ds xl. So it's just a factor of whether or not you think the faceplates are more important to you than the larger screen size.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aaaand I just realized I mistitled the thread lol. I meant to ask N3DS standerd vs XL.
Well if you want swappable plates then normal, if you want more comfortable gaming (specifically if you have bigger hands) then get the XL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.