Not open for further replies.

kagami

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it even possible?, screen was great, had many months of fun, and suddenly I notice this while playing an NDS game:

Attached image

It's really hard to notice it, it doesn't even show up unless the screen is really black (NDS games), or at certain times while using 3D (but it can be confused as dust), it was quite hard to get a proper image of it at all...

Is it possible to fix it?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,012.4 KB · Views: 1,626
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,038
Last edited by kagami,

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
There are software solutions that can sometimes unstick a pixel (like the ones that roll through the RGB spectrum) but if the pixel is dead then no software wizardry will bring it back to life.

Someone also said applying pressure to/around the pixel can fix it. I've never seen that work.

Either ignore it or consider a screen replacement. Just beware that screen replacements can be fiddly with the ribbon cables in the hinge and some zif cables are not designed to be pried open (famously, the home button zif).

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I recall, stuck pixels on the 3DS can be fixed by utilizing the internet browser. I believe what I read (this was a year or two at this point, so forgive me if this is incorrect), is you just search for images of colors in google or whatever and open each image in full screen and keep the screen there for 10 minutes or so. So make the entire top screen all red, then all blue, then yellow, etc, etc, 10 minutes or so for each color, until the pixel is no longer stuck. I may not have that quite right, but i'm pretty sure that was the trick that others claimed to have worked for them.

kagami

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I recall, stuck pixels on the 3DS can be fixed by utilizing the internet browser. I believe what I read (this was a year or two at this point, so forgive me if this is incorrect), is you just search for images of colors in google or whatever and open each image in full screen and keep the screen there for 10 minutes or so. So make the entire top screen all red, then all blue, then yellow, etc, etc, 10 minutes or so for each color, until the pixel is no longer stuck. I may not have that quite right, but i'm pretty sure that was the trick that others claimed to have worked for them.

Sounds like an option will try today, I used one of the seizure inducing gif for around an hour yesterday when I noticed it, but no change (used to work on a PSP)

Funny thing, it's impossible to find or notice the pixel while playing or using any background that's not black, even while turning 3D on, but it's clear as day if I see the Luma menu for example

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are software solutions that can sometimes unstick a pixel (like the ones that roll through the RGB spectrum) but if the pixel is dead then no software wizardry will bring it back to life.

Someone also said applying pressure to/around the pixel can fix it. I've never seen that work.

Either ignore it or consider a screen replacement. Just beware that screen replacements can be fiddly with the ribbon cables in the hinge and some zif cables are not designed to be pried open (famously, the home button zif).
How can you play the video on the bottom screen though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night