Hardware N3DS SD Card question

ProspitPrince

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been trying to decide on which Micro SD to get, but I can't decide which would be the best!

So I thought, why not ask other people?

Essentially I'm debating between these two,

SanDisk Extreme Micro SDXC 32 GB UHS-I U3 Memory Card 60 MB/s + SD Adapter (SDSDQXN-064G-FFPA)

PONUpbE.png
Simply put, it's a 32GB UHS - I Class 3. It's £16.50 from the official Sandisk Amazon. It's supposed to be a step up from the "Sandisk Ultra" which is a Class 10. This SD brags a 60mb/s W/R speed which doesn't really match it's classification, but meh.​
Samsung Memory 32GB Pro MicroSDHC UHS-I Grade 1 Class 10 Memory Card with SD Adapter
KQ0WAXM.png
Supposedly this thing has 90mb/s, but claims to be a Class 1 UHS - I? I was originally looking at the "EVO" Microsd, but I saw someone on here say that R/W is everything on the 3DS and so i decided to look at the PRO edition instead. It's £19.99 and once again is sold via Samsung's official Amazon.​
Now, thing is I'm going to be ordering two of them. One for my N3DS console, and another for my Gateway, so 2GB of the 32GB is going to be used for EmuNAND.​
So what I want is other people's opinions before I decide which one to buy, and if anyone has any better suggestions (preferably under £25 since I'll be ordering 2 and price adds up!) I'd be grateful!​

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Your limited to HC/XC mode (aka One-bit SD bus mode) regardless what you get and put in the N3DS. The UHS mode (aka Four-bit SD bus mode) use pins 8 and 9 to get higher data transfers while HC/XC doesn't use pins 8 and 9.

You are limited to what the class 10 speeds you get from either one, not the UHS speeds listed for both.

Reactions: ProspitPrince

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Why don't you just get what's tried and tested?

Here's what I got...

A 64 Gb (for Gateway) and a 32 Gb (for N3DS). Both of them are Sandisk Ultra Class 10 MicroSD cards. Here, check em out...

http://www.sandisk.in/products/memory-cards/microsd/ultra-class10-for-android/?capacity=64GB

and

http://www.sandisk.in/products/memory-cards/microsd/ultra-class10-for-android/?capacity=32GB

I bought these after doing thorough research and reading up here on GBAtemp. People have had this or that problems with Kingston or Samsung, etc., but the ones listed above (SanDisk) are really good and recommended. You don't need to buy the costlier Extreme version as the Ultra version would provide comparatively good speeds at less cost.

Just make sure you get an original/genuine Sandisk MicroSD card and you're good to go :)

PS: Here's what mine look like...

2015031906143032.jpg

And...

20150319061628.jpg

Best of luck :)

Reactions: ProspitPrince

ProspitPrince

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Your limited to HC/XC mode (aka One-bit SD bus mode) regardless what you get and put in the N3DS. The UHS mode (aka Four-bit SD bus mode) use pins 8 and 9 to get higher data transfers while HC/XC doesn't use pins 8 and 9.

You are limited to what the class 10 speeds you get from either one, not the UHS speeds listed for both.

Oh, that actually helps a lot! It means I don't have to go hunting for the super expensive cards! :P

Why don't you just get what's tried and tested?

Here's what I got...

A 64 Gb (for Gateway) and a 32 Gb (for N3DS). Both of them are Sandisk Ultra Class 10 MicroSD cards. Here, check em out...

http://www.sandisk.in/products/memory-cards/microsd/ultra-class10-for-android/?capacity=64GB

and

http://www.sandisk.in/products/memory-cards/microsd/ultra-class10-for-android/?capacity=32GB

I bought these after doing thorough research and reading up here on GBAtemp. People have had this or that problems with Kingston or Samsung, etc., but the ones listed above (SanDisk) are really good and recommended. You don't need to buy the costlier Extreme version as the Ultra version would provide comparatively good speeds at less cost.

Just make sure you get an original/genuine Sandisk MicroSD card and you're good to go :)

PS: Here's what mine look like...

2015031906143032.jpg

And...

20150319061628.jpg

Best of luck :)

Thanks a tonne! I'm actually viewing that exact card on Amazon right now! (don't worry, it's the amazon official store :P ) £14.99 plus prime delivery :D.

and I might just steal that setup from you, the 64GB is only £24.99 so I may as well buy a 32 and a 64 since it's only an extra £5 to what is was going to spend anyway.

Definately go with Sandisk.
I wouldnt touch Samshit with a stick.

Aye aye captain! Thank god I didn't make that mistake! £19.99 for something that wasn't gonna work!

Again, thanks guys :)

Reactions: newersumm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn