Hardware N3DS Retail Cart vs. SD Card speed/performance?

cmdbash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Was wondering if it has been tested whether there are any differences between retail physical cards and having a game on a sd card. I bought a UHS-3 SD card and was wondering if the N3DS is able to take advantage of the rw speeds.

Gara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS is pretty much built around the class 4 micro SD cards. You'll see a very minor boost going to class 10 but beyond that there is no benefit besides transferring files from your PC to the card.

D

Deleted User

There isn't any benefit above class 4 in just the micro sd card alone but getting a class 10 about will just increase your read/write time on your pc.

porko

Trophies
XP
Country
UHS-3 is overkill, but a decent card does have benefits.

I had a Sandisk Ultra 32GB that was horribly slow when installing CIAs, and have since started using Samsung EVO cards with noticeably better results. You are limited by the 3DS/Reader so the ceiling is should be pretty low, but you can definitely do badly.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got a Samsung 64 GB Evo MicroSDXC UHS-I Grade 1 Class 10 - and it's plenty fast in my N3DS. Games that don't cap their save speeds and loading times zip along really fast. (although the Clock+L2 patches might be helping with that)

Don't need to go crazy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [louder cricket sounds]