Hacking N3ds Noob 9.9 downgrading

pofer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like an extra step, is using a different sysUpdater really all that important?
Is Julian's build more safe somehow?
I'm asking this because I've done successful downgrades with SafeSysUpdater.

Julian's sysupdater isn't safer , it just installs and deletes the cias one by one and it installs native_firm at the end , so if you end up getting a softbrick halfway through you'll be able to use recovery mode

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, i just bought myself a 9.8 firmware MH4U special edition n3ds xl. I'm going to attempt to downgrade later today. wish me luck.

pofer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I meant is that , it won't make a better job downgrading that the rest of the sysupdaters, all of them have their risks , but julian's one is the one I used , and I got my 3ds downgraded on the first try (after I formated my system)

saidis21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to take a nap and look at this in an hour or so... Having problems getting a entry point working and getting frustrated. Thank you guys for being patient with me and answering my questions, I appreciate it

Should I be trying Browserhax?

Last edited by saidis21,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to take a nap and look at this in an hour or so... Having problems getting a entry point working and getting frustrated. Thank you guys for being patient with me and answering my questions, I appreciate it
Which entrypoint(s) are you trying? Browserhax is the obvious choice to start with. If you get an update nag, you might be able to bypass it by following these recommendations. If you get browserhax working, you should immediately install menuhax and use that for the downgrade process.

saidis21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no internet after I change the dns and just gives me the 032-1006 error, If I set it to auto internet works but it gives me the system update nag

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no internet after I change the dns and just gives me the 032-1006 error, If I set it to auto internet works but it gives me the system update nag
Changing the DNS shouldn't result in no internet. Change your primary DNS to 107.211.140.065, and change the secondary DNS to 000.000.000.000.

Edit: You should save http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php to your bookmarks in the Internet Browser for quick access. Next, turn off your N3DS, reboot with your Wi-Fi off, turn Wi-Fi on, quickly go to the Internet Browser, and click the link in your bookmarks.

Last edited by Lacius,

alepman90

Trophies
XP
Country
I semi bricked 4 n3ds systems(US),3 of them 9.8 and one is 9.9. the 5th one was a success and the reason is updating to 10.3 then downgrading to 9.2
I don't think it was a bad luck(4 systems),download the 10.3 update then downgrade from there

ChaosRipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've downgraded two 3DS, one new and one old from 9.9 to 9.2 using Julian's sysupdater. Successful first try on both systems. I personally think "upgrading to 10.3 before downgrading" is just a placebo.

saidis21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, I figured out why I'm having problems. I have a router level parental control enabled for the kids. turned it off and it works fine now. Now its saying the internet browser cannot be used at this time please check your network environment or try again later.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, I figured out why I'm having problems. I have a router level parental control enabled for the kids. turned it off and it works fine now. Now its saying the internet browser cannot be used at this time please check your network environment or try again later.
Read through this thread and keep playing around with it. With some speed and some luck, it should work.

saidis21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I got it working, installed menuhax, then started the downgrade, it told me an error has occurred hold down the power button. now its a black screen and when i press and hold the power button for a couple seconds it explains sleep mode

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I got it working, installed menuhax, then started the downgrade, it told me an error has occurred hold down the power button. now its a black screen and when i press and hold the power button for a couple seconds it explains sleep mode
First, did you put the proper CIA files in the updates folder? Second, did any of the CIA files install successfully during the downgrade process, or did it not even get that far? Third, have you tried rebooting the device?

saidis21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I put the 9.2 files in the updates folder, yeah some did install successfully, I did the MD5 check before hand also and everything said it was ok, I tried rebooting, pulling the battery, same thing. if I press home on the grey screen with nothing on it it get text that says "home menu"

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I put the 9.2 files in the updates folder, yeah some did install successfully, I did the MD5 check before hand also and everything said it was ok, I tried rebooting, pulling the battery, same thing. if I press home on the grey screen with nothing on it it get text that says "home menu"
Which version of sysUpdater did you use?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.