TechAndrew

Untitled
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,
I have recently replaced the motherboard in a n3DS (non-XL), and there's only one problem I have left to deal with: the sound cuts off if the bottom of the system has any minimal pressure exerted onto it. This can be fixed by simply tapping the n3DS on a desk, and then the sound will continue working normally. I suspect that this is a loose connector that's causing the problem, however, I don't know which connector is responsible for getting the sound into the speakers on the top half of the system. I'm assuming it's one of the 3 ribbon cables coming out of the top. Is anyone able to verify what cable is responsible for carrying sound, and help getting this frustrating problem resolved?

Thanks,
TechAndrew

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello,
I have recently replaced the motherboard in a n3DS (non-XL), and there's only one problem I have left to deal with: the sound cuts off if the bottom of the system has any minimal pressure exerted onto it. This can be fixed by simply tapping the n3DS on a desk, and then the sound will continue working normally. I suspect that this is a loose connector that's causing the problem, however, I don't know which connector is responsible for getting the sound into the speakers on the top half of the system. I'm assuming it's one of the 3 ribbon cables coming out of the top. Is anyone able to verify what cable is responsible for carrying sound, and help getting this frustrating problem resolved?

Thanks,
TechAndrew
It's the same cable as the one for the upper screen. I believe it splits in half with one part going to the LCD and one part going to the speakers, or there's one cable going into the LCD screen and one coming out of it that goes to the speakers. It could also be that the ribbon cable is damaged, as they're very fragile.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
It's the same cable as the one for the upper screen. I believe it splits in half with one part going to the LCD and one part going to the speakers, or there's one cable going into the LCD screen and one coming out of it that goes to the speakers. It could also be that the ribbon cable is damaged, as they're very fragile.
It's actually two different cables.

The cable that holds the sound also holds the top screen backlight, but not the screen itself.

Thing is, if the backlight cable wasn't connected properly, the system wouldn't turn on.

So it should actually be the two cables that come from the top screen that connect to the speaker ribbon cable that are defective or not inserted right.

Requires opening up the top half of the system and seeing if the speakers/speaker cables are in right.

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

TechAndrew

Untitled
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

The cable that holds the sound also holds the top screen backlight, but not the screen itself.

Thing is, if the backlight cable wasn't connected properly, the system wouldn't turn on.

So it should actually be the two cables that come from the top screen that connect to the speaker ribbon cable that are defective or not inserted right.

Requires opening up the top half of the system and seeing if the speakers/speaker cables are in right.

Well, it was working before without issues... I wouldn't understand why it stopped working without issues after replacing the motherboard...

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

I remember now, I just had the details mixed up a little.
I had the same thought about the system not turning on, but it's possible the cable is slightly torn or not getting proper contact without it affecting the connection to the backlight. It's probably more likely to be the cable coming from the LCD though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.