Hardware N3DS NAND backup possible, I hope.

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey,
Just got my New 3DS back from InfinityDream (good job !)

I'm using a Anker as recommanded, no issue dumping the Nand, but before starting to play with it I have one question : I tried to dump 2 times and got different ERRCODE. Once it was 00000400, and the second one was 00000002 (3rd series of number, the others are all 00000000) is it normal ? I was expecting 00000200.

TKS

Edit : The 2 Dump seems identical, so I guess it's OK...

The error codes could be different due to signal disturbance (internal wires lenght, microSD cable lenght, different card reader used), for example if you switch on the console with cable + SD reader already plugged in the USB port of the computer or not, the error code will be different.
This not affects the dump.:)

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
There is a problem if you're booting to blue screen without an SD card adapter plugged in... If it's only when an SD adapter is hooked up, that's what it's supposed to do.

You test continuity by checking resistance. Set your meter to the ohms signal. 0L or 0.0L means there is no connection at all. 0.0 <ohm sign> is a good connection. 0.2+ and There may be a problem or a cold joint... You need to check for shorts the same way (hook up your SD adapter and check continuity between pins. There are only 2 pins that should have continuity with each other)

Mine boots fine without the sd card so it should be fine, but just in case, which pins should have continuity ?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

StaticPain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the same operation.

It looks like the links in your signature are mixed up, you should double check them.
The link for N3DS XL links to the O3DS XL. If you mouse over the link you can see it takes you to a different link than whats listed.

Install a Micro USB connector on New 3DS XL (diagrams) : http://www.infinitydream.com/newsdesk_info.php?newsPath=102&newsdesk_id=164

take your to: http://www.infinitydream.com/newsdesk_info.php?newsPath=102&newsdesk_id=1150

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, some time back, Avalynn NAND modded a New 3DS for me. I haven't had a chance to actually open it until now, because I had finals, and I decided to tear myself away from 3DS stuff almost completely as a result. Although finals ended more than a week ago, I didn't really get back into 3DS stuff until today.

Anyway, I turned the system on, and connected it to my computer to backup it's NAND. The computer couldn't find it. I'm guessing I just don't have a compatible SD card reader—fine, whatever, no harm done.

I then rebooted the system. The result was a blue screen. I tried again, and was greeted with another blue screen.

The error code isn't listed on 3DBrew. It reads: "00f800EF FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF 00000020 00000000"

So… am I screwed? What the heck happened?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So, some time back, Avalynn NAND modded a New 3DS for me. I haven't had a chance to actually open it until now, because I had finals, and I decided to tear myself away from 3DS stuff almost completely as a result. Although finals ended more than a week ago, I didn't really get back into 3DS stuff until today.

Anyway, I turned the system on, and connected it to my computer to backup it's NAND. The computer couldn't find it. I'm guessing I just don't have a compatible SD card reader—fine, whatever, no harm done.

I then rebooted the system. The result was a blue screen. I tried again, and was greeted with another blue screen.

The error code isn't listed on 3DBrew. It reads: "00f800EF FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF 00000020 00000000"

So… am I screwed? What the heck happened?
hmmm weird, i assume avalynn would of checked it before returning it....and did you test it worked before trying the nand dump, with any luck its just a wire came loose and it will need to be fixed

PS i have a feeling 3DS's dont like you very much, you seem to kill everyone you get your hands on in the most obscure ways :wacko:

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a feeling 3DS's dont like you very much, you seem to kill everyone you get your hands on in the most obscure ways :wacko:

Yeahhhhh...

and did you test it worked before trying the nand dump

I can't figure out if this is a question or a statement, but yes, to be clear, the 3DS booted up fine the first time I turned it on. When I plugged it in, my computer couldn't detect it, but I have no idea if that's related to the blue screen (This also means that, atm, I don't have a NAND backup).

The main problem here is that Avalynn seems to have disappeared :/

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeahhhhh...

I can't figure out if this is a question or a statement, but yes, to be clear, the 3DS booted up fine the first time I turned it on, although my computer couldn't detect it when I plugged it in, which may or may not be related. (This also means that, atm, I don't have a NAND backup).

well i would say first double check there is nothing stuck in the port that might be causing issues, then maybe try plugging the adapter into the port and giving it a little wiggle, if its just a loose wire you might be able to stop it shorting so you can at least confirm the issue is a loose wire

if none of that works i would say disconnecting the mod inside might be the next more drastic step, and finally sending it off to someone who is around like hundshamer to take a look at it, i would say only try steps 1 & 2 for now and hope avalynn gets in touch, if there is still no sign after a week or 2 go to steps 3 & 4

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The port seems to be fine. This is one of those microUSB ports that can also be used to charge the system if it's plugged in via a normal microUSB cable. I can indeed use the port to charge the system (orange LED comes on).

I'm probably going to try to wait for Avalynnn. I was mainly hoping that someone would know what the bootrom error code meant.

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeahhhhh...

I can't figure out if this is a question or a statement, but yes, to be clear, the 3DS booted up fine the first time I turned it on. When I plugged it in, my computer couldn't detect it, but I have no idea if that's related to the blue screen (This also means that, atm, I don't have a NAND backup).

Have you changed SD readers? and has the error changed as a result of this? Because the boot error alot of the time relies on what SD reader youre using

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning